9dp3dt feeling sad :-(

How's it going? FC for u! Xx

I had my ER today. Thanks for asking. It went smoothly. 7 eggs, but honestly I doubt they will all be mature. Still better than the way I started with only 3 follies growing :) DF and I had to decide about ICSI. He has no issues, but this new clinic does ICSI on everybody. The thing is, on our first VIF, out of 7 matures eggs, they did ICSI on 3 and none fertilized, and IVF on the remaining 4, 3 of them fertilized. RE said it was not because of the ICSI but egg quality.... So we did not know what to do with such small number of eggs. We did split again but majority ICSI. The head embryologist assured they have excellent fertilization rate. I am dreading the phone call tomorrow with the fertilization report

FX for you eab. We were unsure of ICSI vs regular as we have no known problems, but our REI leaned toward full ICSI to take out one more variable from the equation. I have heard of some people doing split with the regular IVF doing better than the ICSI....but my dr never mentioned that. Who knows! I wish none of us had to dwell on details like this, and question ourselves......just get pregnant!

eab - how long did it take for ER? you are in preop, then receive a light anesthesia, then recovery room?

Good luck eab. Stalking and keeping everything crossed for you.

eab - how long did it take for ER? you are in preop, then receive a light anesthesia, then recovery room?

ER is only 20-30 mins at most. Preparation is about an hour. It is very easy. You just take a nice nap :) that is light anesthesia. it is very easy to wake up and you dont get any side effects from it, bt of course you should not drive

Reneandal, thanks!
Here is my update: Today I got the dreading call from the embryologist. I was soooo tense. Well, this time it was the opposite. 4 of the 5 done with ICSI fertilized!!!! YAY!!! none of the conventional
Life is strange. We were so reluctant about ICSI, since last time none of them took, but fortunately we split 5-2. Well, now we know it was not the ICSI. So overall I am ok, I was fearing to have only 1-2 fertilized. So that is better than I thought!
Next update on saturday. It seems forever...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->