• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

9m old - naps

Lara310809

Mum of 3 girls
Reaction score
How much does your (or did your) 9 month old nap during the day? Frequency and duration?

My LO went from 3 naps a day at 8 months, right down to 1 nap a day at 8.5 months. It's driving me a bit crazy, because I assumed she would go down to 2 naps first, and I could get used to having less time to myself, but she decided to go straight to one nap.

Most days she naps for 60-90 mins, so I have some time to do the washing up, laundry, cleaning etc; but days like today she's only napped for 20 mins, and I know she's not going to sleep again before going to bed tonight. I didn't have time to do much (haven't even had lunch yet and it's almost 3pm here), and LO has major separation anxiety today, so I have to be right with her, or she goes crazy :wacko:

this morning I did the washing up, and I brought her into the kitchen in her highchair so she could still be with me, but she gets bored very quickly. And when I hang the laundry (on the roof of the building) I have to take her up there with me, and it can take up to 40 mins, and it's hard keeping her entertained.

People let you off the housework when LO is newborn, because you're surrounded by the chaos of a new baby, but I don't have that excuse anymore, yet now I have even less time to get everything done :rolleyes:

Tobias tends to go with two naps of 40 mins one in the morning and one in the afternoon. They are usually in my arms too!! So I have no time to do things either! I find I just have to move him around with me.. which is a pain the the arse.... but what can you do!!??

My LO has two naps a day one in the morning for about 45 minutes and about a 2 hour one in the afternoon. She is getting very clingy though and generally naps on me. (She is nearly 9 months) Xx

Ellie naps 2 times a day if im lucky :haha: usually it's once at around 3pm for anything from 1/2 hr to 1 1/2 hrs. :flower:

Twice if I'm lucky. If she has her first one too late, she wont nap again and then is really grumpy from 6. Had to take her for an early bath/ bed a few times now cos cant keep her awake.
Ditto about not getting anything done either!! I pop her in her travel cot for an hour some afternoons, she will happily play in there with her toys while I run the hoover round etc. Its either that or wait til hubby gets in, but I'm back at work and have to do about 12 hours a week from home, so I literally dont have time to do everything x

My lo is 8 months and she has 30 mins in morn, an hour and half at lunchtime and 30 mins around 4.30 is that ok?? Worried that's too much now! X

Owen just dropped from 3 a day to 2,about 20/30 mins in morning and an hour late afternoon.

My LO has always been on the short side napwise. In the last two weeks he has changed from having 2x30 min naps am and pm to one nap of 1hr-2hrs over lunchtime, so it's actually getting better for me in terms of spare time xx

At that age Megan had 2 naps a day. One midmorning for anywhere from 45min - 1 1/2 hrs. PM nap around 2pm that lasted 1- 1 1/2 hrs. Typically in a day she had 11-12 hrs at night & 2-3 hrs during the day. (some days were 11 at night and 2 hrs in the day - sometimes would be 12 hrs night & 3 hrs day - never was really consistant w/ amount.)

Megan just went down to 1 nap after xmas - and that is after lunchtime. She will now typically sleep 12 hrs at night & 1 1/2-3 hrs for her 1 nap.

we get 2 hours in the morning and maybe 1-1 1/2 in the afternoon if we arent out but more often than not hes missed that afternoon nap recently

Up at around 7.30 am, nap from 10-11 , another nap about 1-3 then bed at 6.30/7. She will be ten months tomorrow xx

Harry's always been a bit behind on the nap front. He's just recently dropped to one nap mostly, usually about an hour late morning just before lunch, we're trying to push that to after lunch so he will go a bit longer. Although sometimes he will have two short ones.

Alex is 8 1/2 months and has been napping twice a day for the last month. He only kips for 30 mins at a time so I never get anything done :haha:

Usually 60 minutes in the morning and 60-90 minutes in the afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"