9months old today and still not...

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score

crawling, or pulling herself up

:cry:

:cry:

xxx

My son did not crawl (commando even), pull up or get into a sitting position until 10.5 months. He has a genius IQ, in GCT classes, but isn't much of an athlete. :)

Oh hun.... Please don't worry! I know it's hard when you want them to do something & all people ever seem to ask is 'is she doing that yet?'. She will get there in her own time. From what you've said in other posts she's doing lots of other things she should be, so try not to think about her crawling in isolation, but more her general development overall.

Sending you lots of :hugs:

ha one of mine has only just started pulling to stand at wait for it 21 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he has had every test going at 18 months and he is fine.

Just try and learn by my example - dont stress they dont read the damn red books or bloody milestones and do it in their own time xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My second LO didn't crawl til 11 months. He was walking at 14
Months. Don't worry, it will happen :)

I think you're lucky you're getting to enjoy the baby stage for longer. As much as I love fi toddling around sometimes I feel I've been robbed of having a 'proper' baby. And I'm sick to death of people saying 'oh she's walking? Already?' like I've forced her to. Sorry if I sound ungrateful xx

Doesn't matter! She may suddenly decide to skip all that and go straight to walking! I say it on every post on this topic, all babies follow their own milestones in the order they chose. Bugger what the books say, your LO obviously has far more interesting things going on which she wishes to concentrate on!

Liam is 9.5 months and JUST pulled up last night. Sometimes it takes some time, but if you are concerned, you should call the doctor. x

My LO didnt start crawling till 11 months, 14 months now and not walking! x

My daughter crawled at 9.5 months and walked at 16.5 months. Her talking was much more advanced than her physical milestones. She has a little friend who was literally running around by ten months, but barely said a single word until he turned two.

Is she making any effort at all to move about? Straining, grunting, rolling (or trying to roll?).

First/only babies often do these things a tad later anyway as they have no other 'baby role models' usually. My eldest only started crawling (and commando crawling at that!) at 9 or 10 months and he could only sit at past 8 months and even then it was a while before he could get himself into a sitting position and get himself out of it, second eldest crawled at about 6 months, cruised at 11 months but didn't walk unaided until 21 months. Second youngest crawled and pulled up to standing at just over 5 months and walked at 11 months. Youngest was similar and was walking and is now trying to run at 10 months, and he started pulling up at between 6 and 7 months-because he sees his brothers walking around and wants to join in xx

Mine isn't either. He can spin around in circles on his belly and push himself backwards and has pulled himself up 1 time! That's it though lol he loves to walk with us holding his hands though :shrug: But he does other things really well. He has the pincer grasp down pat feeds himself most of his meals this way :) is trying to clap when we do or when we say yayyyyyyyy, he also bounces up and down when we say "Landon play up down" I think they are just doing things at their own pace :flower:

Hi,
Really sweet dont worry about it at all they do it when they want to, Vinnie is my 3rd & didnt crawl until a couple weeks a go,he is 10.5 months, yet my middle son was 5mths & oldest was 7mths when they crawled.
He is absolutely nowhere near ready to pull himself to standing yet,he still doesnt even go from laying to sitting but i dont care he is happy,healthy & great at other things.
I do wish that these milestone charts/graphs where just make available for health professions as a guide & not released for the general public as all they do is cause un-needed worry when they are only supposed to be a guideline anyway xx

Is she making any effort at all to move about? Straining, grunting, rolling (or trying to roll?).

Oh yes, she rolls all over the place, but didnt start rolling until over 6months. She also tries to push up when she is on her tummy but just dosent seem to have the strength, iykwim? And she gets frustrated that she can't do it...

xx

Agree with the others they will do it all in there own time

My first didnt crawl until he was 11 months & that was comando crawling. He sat at about 7.5 months

Zach who is 7 months started to sit for a few mins at 5 months comando crawled at 6 months 7 is at the stage of trying to pull himself up so shows you how different they all are

I think I just need to chill and let her figure it out in her own time!!

She is fab at other things like .... eating!! hahaha

xxx

I think I just need to chill and let her figure it out in her own time!!

She is fab at other things like .... eating!! hahaha

xxx

Don't worry, I will remember my big rubber hammer next time I see you :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back