A Big Nerdy TTC and Preggers Party - Gamers/Dorks/Nerds/Enthusiasts Welcome

KrissyB

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi Everybody :wave:
I don't know if this will take off or not... But I was hoping we could start a thread of Nerdy TTCers :thumbup: I pretty much run the gamut on stereotypical dorky pastimes - from video games, to board games, to sci-fi/fantasy, even dabbling in D&D and Warhammer lol. And I love hearing about what other people are into/passionate about. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there like me who wanted to commiserate together... while maybe swapping some nerdy stories while we do :)

Feel free to join in and tell a little about your journey and what kind of things you're into. Any nerdy names in mind? Nerdy photo shoots or birth announcements? Nursery ideas? Halloween costumes? What's the movie you're most excited to watch with a future little one?

I really want to join, although I don't think I'm really all that nerdy. :haha: I think the biggest thing that makes me somewhat nerdy is that I love the Sims...I am a simmer to the core. Other than that, I really like video games (Skyrim is my favorite), although FPS games are not my thing. I love board games and reading and just learning in general. My OH watch a documentary every night before we go to bed, normally on space or history. :thumbup: I'm sure there's probably more things, too.

My OH and I are planning on using the name Leo for a boy, which is based off the constellation. I wanted something that incorporated our love for space. The biggest "nerdy" thing of all that we have planned so far, I think, is that for our eventual wedding, we're thinking of having it video-game themed, like the games we grew up playing....OH has decided that our cake topper is going to be Mario and Princess Peach.

Oh, and we're TTC for my fourth and my OH's first. We started TTC in December and we're still on our first cycle (my body has decided to mess itself up right away :dohh: )

On I'm so glad you made this thread I've felt very alone :haha:

I'm nerdy to the core, started with my parents getting me NES then a SNES as a little kid, the nail in the coffin had to be final fantasy 7 in about 98 :haha: I've played WoW on and off for 10 years, my hubby and I met there!

I do like board games though I never win (cough Talisman cough Magic: The gathering) and am a bit of a trekkie (watched most but not the original growing up!) we're in to all the latest sci-fi fantasy films though hubby actually read the comics growing up, and I hate comics (can't even read the WoW ones)

As for names we want to go with norse gods, because we're both part swedish :) Freya for a girl and hubby thinks there's nothing wrong with Thor for a boy but I think it looks too connected to Marvel :x we'll have to revisit that one as there's so many boys in our families that if we ever get lucky it'll be a boy!

In the TTC world we've been at it almost a year and a half, I have thin lining and short LP, had 5 chemicals within 8 months last year and finally got given 3 months to test progesterone to see if it helps (i'm not meant to start till next month to "give myself a break" but we had 2 months already and now I'm gonna take 2015 by storm!)

I hope we can stick together through this :)

Ive been ttc now for 9 months.
My husband and I are both gamers.
Ive been playing video games since i was about 4 ☺ warning. .. i can get quite addicted to the current games I am playing. Just finished the new pokemon ☺

I really want to join, although I don't think I'm really all that nerdy. :haha: I think the biggest thing that makes me somewhat nerdy is that I love the Sims...I am a simmer to the core. Other than that, I really like video games (Skyrim is my favorite), although FPS games are not my thing. I love board games and reading and just learning in general. My OH watch a documentary every night before we go to bed, normally on space or history. :thumbup: I'm sure there's probably more things, too.

My OH and I are planning on using the name Leo for a boy, which is based off the constellation. I wanted something that incorporated our love for space. The biggest "nerdy" thing of all that we have planned so far, I think, is that for our eventual wedding, we're thinking of having it video-game themed, like the games we grew up playing....OH has decided that our cake topper is going to be Mario and Princess Peach.

Oh, and we're TTC for my fourth and my OH's first. We started TTC in December and we're still on our first cycle (my body has decided to mess itself up right away :dohh: )

Haha! My husband and I did a Mario wedding cake for our wedding reception. He had no idea, I surprised him with it. I thought it turned out really cool.

Attachments

• wedding cake.jpg
    wedding cake.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 14
As I am writing my response, I am sipping tea from my new Batman mug that my DH bought me for Christmas. We are not TTCing until February, but as soon as I saw this post, I knew I had to respond.

I enjoy board games, video games, both Marvel and DC (don't hate) and reading sci-fi and fantasy novels. One of my dream jobs is to go to the San Diego Comic Con. Just last year at Fan Expo in Toronto, I had to tear myself away from a vendor who makes the cutest baby outfits out of comic strip patterned fabric (will go buy one once pregnant!).

Patience, my gaming background is similar to yours, starting with SNES and now owning a Wii and PS3. I had to drag my DH into WoW lol. My display name is actually my main character's name, a demo lock.

I would love to use names from some of the novels that I have read as ideas for the baby, just need to get DH on-board, as some of them are quite unique. I also think that a superhero themed nursery would be cute, it's just hard to find items for the female superheros. Where is all the awesome Batgirl items?

Jenny

Haha my husband and i used a borderlands cake topper!

That's an amazing cake crystl!

Alidravana, comic con YES! Being in Europe makes that dream rather unlikely :( I have to say I'd rather blizzcon since I've just started trying to cosplay and it's WoW armor :D loving it but man it's tough!

I really want a Mario themed nursery, those wall stickers you can get, just, all the yes <3 I try not to buy much baby stuff but now I'm going to let myself stock up if it's on offer, I did buy a pack of DC socks from ThinkGeek though :D

Cherry my hubby is a total Pokemon fan, he got ruby for his DS for Xmas and was a happy bunny!

Hi everyone, I recognize many of you from other boards. I'm certainly not the nerdiest person out there, but I do have nerdy tendencies. :) As far as gaming, I only had an Atari growing up. Still have it, it's older than me haha. Also played some computer games in my younger days, like doom, doom 2, duke nukem 3d, and heretic...there's a throwback for ya. Currently I pretty much stick to WoW. I have many alts but my main is a destruction lock. OH and I also like to play many board games, and most recently began playing Risk together. I do like a few sci fi shows and movies, and I'm an avid reader of books of many genres.

My baby name choices tend to be older names. I do have a good friend who named his baby Inara...any firefly fans here?? I hear a lot of interesting names at work (labor and delivery nurse), a recent one being Tesla. She was a twin, and I can't remember her siblings name but it was equally nerdy lol.

Yay! So glad to see this thread getting traction <3

Aidens - I had a friend who did a mario themed cake - it looked awesome :) And my DH and I did some instrumental video game (and anime) music sporatically during our wedding. I love little personal touches like that. Hope your body figures itself out soon. I swear it's right when we want our bodies to work that they go the most haywire (I have a very similar situation)

Patience - Yeah, I might agree that the newer Marvel movies ruined Thor. My dog's name is Loki, and little kids are always like "oh! Like Ironman!"... No. I love Freya though! I had short LPs too (although endo related, not thin lining). The Progesterone worked like a dream!! I'm only on my second month of it now, but last cycle it held out 15 days!!!

Cherry- :wave: I think we've been in other threads together :) What's the next game on the list? Oh! And do you have a pic of that cake topper!?? That sounds AWESOME. We love borderlands

Crystal - Awesome cake and even more awesome surprise!! That looks a LOT like what my friends did (I actually double checked where you were from to make sure you weren't her lol).

Alidra - .... Girl super hero stuff is SO disappointing/infuriating. The few things I've managed to find for batgirl (my DD's favorite)... are in bright pink! Batgirl is a girl! Why does the little kid version have to be in girl in PINK! Ugh. You may be better off with supergirl, and I love primary colors in a nursery :)

Drjo - :wave: Welcome! Can you play risk with two people???!!! I've been dying to play risk but my guy friends always play it on guy nights, and I don't have any nerdy girl friends :cry: LOL Love Inara - just cultish enough that a lot of people won't know the reference, those who do will love it, and it's a beautiful name either way!

Crystal, omg... that cake is amazing!!! :thumbup:

I'm a dork, always have been since my dad bought us a PC with AOL on it when I was 13 :haha: I RP'd in Sailormoon forums n___n;; and other types of RP. I became a computer addict starting then and still am! Still a member on Gaia Online, '03 oldbie here :D

I also love Nintendo games! I've had every Nintendo system growing up and I think my dad still has the original NES. I've been recently playing lots of Super Smash Bros on Wii U with the hubs, but he doesn't like the game because he always loses but he plays for me. <3

In the past I used to make computer graphics/animations, but now I'm back re-learning what I did so I can start making graphics here on BnB.

Soo, hi!! :hi:

PS- Krissy, I didn't know you were nerdy/dorky/etc!

Oh and I've been to two cons in my lifetime, Fanime in Ca and Otakon in MD (hubs went, he saw me in a whoooole new level, lol)! They were fun and loved all the cosplayers *_*

Hi Jill! :wave: LOL Likewise, I didn't know you were! Although the Otaku-angle makes sense with your Japanese-style emoticons :) My DH and I are big fans too. Once a week we have a take-out sushi night and binge watch anime :D Speaking of graphics.... I was kind of thinking of making a nerdy TTC group siggy icon. As a way of trying to stir up more of our kind - since it doesn't always come up in TTC convo. What do you guys think?

Patience - Yeah, I might agree that the newer Marvel movies ruined Thor. My dog's name is Loki, and little kids are always like "oh! Like Ironman!"... No. I love Freya though! I had short LPs too (although endo related, not thin lining). The Progesterone worked like a dream!! I'm only on my second month of it now, but last cycle it held out 15 days!!!

Aww, geek doggy ! :) so pleased to hear the progesterone worked for you, i'm more hopeful now !

DandJ yes AOL zomg ! I used to frequent RP chatrooms too :haha: man I imagine Cons are fun, feels like gaming has kinda invaded what was meant to be a COMIC thing to begin with :(

I've also met lots of friends from the internet IRL, like 20 or so.. and I still talk to a handful of them :D :D

Not a huge anime person, I really just enjoyed Sailormoon and I'm actually watching the Sailormoon Crystal (manga-esque) episodes on Crunchyroll app now.

I would love to see a TTC Nerdy/Dorky group banner/image! All the other "groups" I've joined on here either die out, so I'm interested to see if this group remains active regardless BFPs, BFNs, losses, etc. :D

@patience; I think so, but also anime seemed to have taken over Cons too.

Krissy, you can totally play risk with 2 ppl! There are instructions included, you just make a couple adjustments during play.

Don't know how much I needed this right now. My name is Tammy and I am a Whovian head to toe. I love geeking out. I am not much into gaming but only because I don't have the software or technology to be able to sustain the level of gaming people consider gaming. :haha: I do however love to attend cosplay conventions and LARP events. I count the days I can go back to the Renaissance Faire and am attending an Anime Convention next month. I plan on getting married in August and while I can't convince my fiance to go all out Doctor Who, I will have a T.A.R.D.I.S cake. We are TTC and I just, I mean just (like an hour ago) miscarried our first. I was very very early along but I felt it from day one just as with my first two children who are now 19 and 12. I am 38 and am afraid we may have waited to long. So seeing this thread really lifted me up....well, okay I am still depressed but now I have people I can talk to who I have something in common with while we all TTC. I have My Fitness Pal and FB but that is not the place to bring up subjects like TTC TWW and cervical mucous. Blech...LOL This is perfect...thanks for starting this thread. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Krissy, you can totally play risk with 2 ppl! There are instructions included, you just make a couple adjustments during play.

oh, definitely, I used to play this with my son all the time. :thumbup:

Ohh this post is perfect.

Nerd cred: :haha: I started playing video games in 86 when I stole my brothers Nintendo. I belong to an end game mythic raiding guild in Wow and have played for a long time. We do role playing once a week d&d, shadowrun, eclipse phase or savage worlds. On Saturday we had friends over for Boardgame taco night and last night had friends over to watch the mecha anime Knights of Sidonia. We normally do the privateer press Warmachine convention in Seattle each year. Used to larp, haven't in years though. Sorry, but Matt smith is not my favorite doctor...:argh:

Ttc cred: been trying for three years now for number 1. I don't have unexplained infertility, they just keep finding new things to fix which is good. I really think we are close to getting it now! Lots of losses. If only my little embryo could have a mecha body you know? It would totally work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->