a bit of a rant

Am sorry to hear that. I put that as a response to the point that peple were reacting strongly

It might be Asda's fault for not putting him in less stressfull job BUT...he was actually offered another position elsewhere and he refused it. If he doesnt accept positions elsewhere then what else can Asda do?

Sorry whats stressfull about working in an Asda warehouse?

As we don't know the job we wouldn't know, Unless you experiance someone elses job first hand you can't really judge ....

xxx:hugs: xxx

Okay so the pallet comment wasnt the best thing to say, i was venting and got carried away.

Its not medically confirmed that he is mentally ill but there is something "not quite right" and i do fear for mine and other colleagues safety in the warehouse especially as he has a forklift truck license.

I am planning on getting something said to the temp warehouse manager. I know already that the manager will be monitoring him.

It might be Asda's fault for not putting him in less stressfull job BUT...he was actually offered another position elsewhere and he refused it. If he doesnt accept positions elsewhere then what else can Asda do?

ok so 1stly u sed he was mentally ill now your saying that hes not quite right thats quite a conclusion to draw, not based upon facts? if he was a danger to colleuges he would not have got his forklift license in the first place, if asda felt that he was a danger to other employees he then he would be made to change depts, if asda had any doubts about his working state, then he would be let go.

The poor guy is vending off steam and you want him to moderate his language. That's nothing compared to some of the comments you girls make.

Sorry to hear you're having crap time Rob. Unfortunatly the beaurocrats decided to have a bit of a laugh when they wrote the new employment laws. Just hang in there buddy, sounds to me like he'll be outta there soon enough.

S.C>

i never stated anywhere that i wanted him to moderate his language, i openly swear on here and would expect anyone to do teh same when venting, i do not however tolerate wishing "mentally ill people to have crates of alchohol dropped on their heads"

That's like me saying "What's painfull about childbirth!?"... can't really make judgements on how ppl react to stress (after all there are some ppl don't find childbirth that painfull either).

I did say i was wrong in saying that and im sorry.
It isnt worth really arguing about and my original point of ranting was the fact that Asda hasnt done anything about this.

We all use bad choice of words when angry/frustrated. Was bad wording lol but I never took it that you you would actually go do that. I've said worse:blush: so has everyone just in different circumstances - some things hit a nerve with a person whist that person will say something at some time that will hit a nerve with someone else.

Anyway be a waste of a crate of beer! ;)

i do not however tolerate wishing "mentally ill people to have crates of alchohol dropped on their heads"

But if he wasn't "mentally ill" then it would be OK? is it because he's mentally ill or because of the want to drop something heavy on an employee that's being a pain in the arse? because the way I see it Valentine was trying to cut the guy a break by explaining why he "could" be the way he is. Doesn't piss you off any less...

...what I'm trying to say is you'd use a phrase like that about anyone getting on your nerves regardless of ability.

But if he wasn't "mentally ill" then it would be OK? is it because he mentally ill or because of the want to drop something heavy on employee that's being a pain in the arse? because the way I see it Valentine was trying to cut the guy a break by explaining why he "could" be the way he is. Doesn't piss you off any less...

What I'm trying to say is you'd use a phrase like that about anyone getting on your nerves.

no i wouldnt... thts my point, the mentally ill statement got to me cos of my mum, i would never wish for anyone to have something like that happen.. far too close to home for my liking.

I'm sorry Yvanne I didn't know. I think it was a harmless comment that could have been made about anyone (I know I've wanted to give some ppl I've worked with a good kick at times; but definitely not because of any prejudice).

Yvanne, as said on msn, he does realise that it was a bad choice of words and he is sorry to have offended you

my mum has mental health problems and has been off work since september last year, she is dreading going back to work and has anxiety attacks thinking about it, she has been told that when she goes back to work she will be doing it gradually, liek 1-2 hours per day, i think ASDA have been unfair in expecting him to do a stressfull job on his own, and should at least have someone else there to help.

there u go sc... was clearly stated here.

TBH Yvanne if you want to make this personal then so be it. That comment wasn't directed at a person with mental problems it was aimed at someone who was a disruption in the workplace.

i never said i wanted to make this personal. was merely stating my own opinion.

i never said i wanted to make this personal. was merely stating my own opinion.

you based your opinion on what you considered an attack against your mums mental illness

hes said sorry and so did sc , i expect everyones sorry as its gona abit out of control

but there really is no point or need to argue over it

Once again i have put my foot in it.
Im sorry again and maybe next time ill just keep my rants to myself.
Please can you delete this topic, i dont wish for it to carry on.

you based your opinion on what you considered an attack against your mums mental illness

hes said sorry and so did sc , i expect everyones sorry as its gona abit out of control

but there really is no point or need to argue over it

yet ur still tryin 2 carry it on?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back