A bit of Fun

mommyhopeful2

Reaction score
How do you want to reveal your pregnancy and the gender of the baby to family and loved ones?

We are getting a shirt for ds that says: "Every super hero needs a sidekick." And then in a separate bubble say: "Mine's arriving mm/yyyy."

DH wants to do a lightsaber announcement for facebook.

thats awesome... my DH wants to have a friend of ours who does photography to do a photo shoot, fill a balloon with the right colored confetti and a bunch of little papers with the babys name (weve already picked out a bunch) as my hubby is color blind so hell be able to read the name and ill see the color. and then we stand back and shoot the balloon so it explodes to reveal it to us too.... we havnt decided how to announce the pregnancy yet.... still mulling through ideas

thats awesome... my DH wants to have a friend of ours who does photography to do a photo shoot, fill a balloon with the right colored confetti and a bunch of little papers with the babys name (weve already picked out a bunch) as my hubby is color blind so hell be able to read the name and ill see the color. and then we stand back and shoot the balloon so it explodes to reveal it to us too.... we havnt decided how to announce the pregnancy yet.... still mulling through ideas

That is so cute! I've thought about having ds open a box with a balloon in it for the gender reveal. He won't understand but it would be cute.

thought this would be cute as a follow up pic for your DH

Attachments

• ee4773383ad3d83eb618efba7b857e6d.jpg
    ee4773383ad3d83eb618efba7b857e6d.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2
That is so cute. That would be a fun follow up for a newborn announcement.

My last pregnancy I did flip flops for me, dh, ds and now dd and wrote the year we were all born under them with chalk, took a picture and the photo shopped it to say "And then 3 became 4..."
for gender I would also like to do some kind of photo shoot. With dd I got cupcakes and has pink filling in one. The light saber thing is super cute too!

I plan on wrapping a babygrow up for dh and then put tshirts on los saying big brother and see how long it takes people to notice. I'm not sure about gender yet, a friend had one of those giant cookies iced with 'its a girl' which I think was cute.

Ok, the lightsaber idea is TOO FRICKIN CUTE!

With our first 2, both times were rather anti-climactic or a total surprise (which I'm not knocking a surprise--no anxious 2WW with that one!) But should we get preggo for a very much wanted #3, I want to do something cute for DH...maybe get the kids "big bro/big sis" shirts and have them wear them the same day and wait for DH to notice...(evil giggle)...DH works out of town a LOT so I will have time to get something together...

For family/friends---well, we like to wait till the 2nd trimester or when we know the gender to announce...going on Pinterest, there are TOO many cute ideas...I think we may do the dates of the other two and then the ETA of #3, lol....I think I will be as cute as possible this time :)

With my daughter I just put "I am pregnant" announcement. I want to do a Doctor Who themed announcement next time. I might try and get the doctors outfit and dress my daughter in it with a text "New Companion coming...."

These are awesome ideas ladies :) my hubby and I are working on TTC #2 out of hopefully 6... keep the fun flowing :)

<3 <3 <3 :) <3 <3 <3

When my friends revealed the gender they made a vanilla cake and used food coloring in the batter. They frosted the cake so it wouldn't be known until the cake was cut. I thought it was a super cute idea.

I am telling dh the same way I told him with ds. I'm going to tell him I have a secret and then whisper I'm pregnant in his ear. He got so mad at me because he thought I was lying. Granted we had been ttc for 8.5 years with zero pregnancies. So it was a shock for sure. A few months ago he said he'd believe me next time so I think it will be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"