a bit tmi, but can someone help me?

loz

Reaction score
:hi:

ive just received this letter- was just wondering if its the penetrating thats bad or a orgasm? i mean could we do other stuff or is it the contracting of the cervix when u o aswell thats a no no? please help its a bit embarrasing to ask my mw lol

ive booked another 4d scan for tomorrow, oh wasnt very pleased when i told him because he thinks its just money that could go on something else, the letter has kind of softened the blow now he thinks he has to wait till december to find out if its still low :thumbup:

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 120
Don't be embarrassed, ask your midwife. This is a person you're paying to be a part of one of the most personal experiences of your life. And your midwife will be the only one who can give you a concrete answer. Good luck!

My SIL had this and they also were advised to avoid intercourse from 28wks. She had to have another scan at 36weeks to see if it had moved.
From what I can remember from her experience, her placenta was over her cervix, luckily it moved for the birth to 7cm away from her cervix and so she was able to deliver naturally.
I think the risk is that if the cervix begins to open it can cause the placenta to start bleeding... her midwife did say to her that if she started bleeding to phone an ambulance straight away.
I really wouldn't be embarrassed to ask the midwife, this is for yours and baby's safety sweetie xx

yep know thats what happends but im unsure if we can do anything else apart from intercourse?

I think they want you to avoid penetration because if his penis were to hit your cervix it could cause injury. You are at risk for Placenta Previa (that's what we call it here in the US). Avoid it at least until your 32 week scan shows that the placenta moved out of the way. If it moves the wrong way and covers the cervix you may need a c-section. Hopefully it moves up and not down! Praying for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->