a case of the green eyed monster

Biscuitbaby

Mum of 2 boys TTC#3
Reaction score
I know I have two beautiful boys and trying for two years for no3 is nothing in comparison to some xx

but I have a friend who's not even trying yet, her oh has said they have to wait but she got him to do the baby dance on the day she thinks she might have ovulated (phone app)
now she's TOTALLY convinced. she's pregnant because her body is making her eat junk food??!!! she will be 10dpo tomorrow and is going to test! I've told her the odds and so on but she's just convinced that she will get pregnant first time and is

but I feel awful for finding myself thinking I hope she's not! I'm such a horrible person! I would be upset if a friend thought it of me.
All she's talking about is being pregnant and it's doing my head in :-(

You're not terrible. I've had very similar feelings. Personally I'm finding it easier to be around my non-ttc'ing friends or friends without kids right now...which isn't easy! Best thing you can do, for your own mental health, is to give yourself some space from her and try to distract yourself.

Dont feel bad!! My best friend knew we were ttc, and then she started seeing someone briefly for around 5 weeks... then tells me shes pregnant. I was in shock, and was a bit like..ehhhmm.. WTF? But i got used to it... then she started bleeding and really needed me to be there for her, i felt totally rotten for even being a tad jealous. She had a mc a few days ago and shes been so cut up about everything, just made me think how important our friendship is.

When we started tic I told my best friend (she has 2 kiddos) my parents and his parents. But I don't talk to them about ttc I don't ask questions and I had a friend recently get preggo with her 3rd but surprisingly I wasn't mad or jealous. I know I haven't been trying as long as some on here but I just don't feel a need to share my ttc stories with anyone. IDK maybe Im a little weird. I will also be waiting a while before I tell anyone only because I want to enjoy it with my DH.

You aren't horrible for feeling that way. It's totally normal! You just want a baby super bad and hearing somebody say they are convinced they are pregnant because of junk food...really? Lol that would drive me nuts too!

i would venture to say we've all been there to some extent. its a very emotional thing to go through. does she know youve been trying? i would agree redlemonade... try to put some space between her and you if you can without it being too obvious. However, im very interested to know if shes actually pregnant or not :shrug: Im like that with my personal friends too. I dont want to know, but i HAVE to know! I would cry and be depressed for about a day, and then be ok the next! us girls :winkwink:

well she's testing at 7 in the morning so I'll let you know lol

thinking about it, I've actually been
in the opposite position, and friend was trying for a long time and I was pregnant but I was very careful how much I talked to her about it! I answered her questions and talked about it but I sensed when to shut up! but this friend hasn't asked how things are going for me. I know she's excited but I ..........I........I don't know! lol

she's always struggled with her weight (I'm saying this as in she has an issue with it lol ) but she said before that when she gets pregnant she's going to eat as much as she wants and what she wants, where I try to say to her that she really needs to look after herself for the sake of her and the baby!
now she's text me she's feeling icky, anyone had that at 10dpo

I will be there for her if she is or isn't. just finding it hard xx thanks for understanding ladies xx

her test was negative

i felt really bad because she cried and was really upset! We were texting and I said it's heartbreaking when you want something so bad and that she's not technically out until her period shows!!

then she said it's alright for because I have my two lo's and that p me off! lol

It sounds like she's in a pretty bad place tbh. Re-reading your original post, I noticed that her OH doesn't even want to try yet and she made him BD when she thinks she was ovulating..? That's really sneaky. I feel bad for her OH! But this all points to her insecurity as well, I think. That said, it sounds like it's very difficult to be her friend right now. I don't know if she meant any badness by saying that it's OK for you with 2 LOs already - that's kind of natural when someone is TTC #1 (I know I've felt it, but never said it). TTC can be stressful, especially if she's in it on her own, without her OH's support. I think I'd be talking to her about that - I'd be uncomfortable if I knew my friend was doing that to her OH. I think she's latched on to you here because she knows your TTC so you're probably hearing more about this than her other friends. But you can let her know that she's crossed a line too.

It's a difficult situation!

I'm in the same boat with ill wishes.
My husband and I just started TTC and I just found out about 2 weeks ago my soon to be SIL is pregnant!! It's heartbreaking because she just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl just a short 6 months ago! :'(
And the waiting game seriously sucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->