• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

A clomid question..

babygirlhall

Mummy to Josh and Maisie
Reaction score
So im due to start clomid soon, i just wondered if anyone has any thoughts- is it ok to try and get pregnant on first round of clomid? I know it should make you ovulate so do you release a new egg or one thats been sat there a while?
Confused...

Hi Hun,

Loads of people get preg on 1st round of clomid and go on to have healthy babies. As far as I know clomid helps you grow the eggs for them to be released ie ovulation. Eventhough the eggs are already there they are not mature. So what clomid does is releases a hormone to trick the body into making more eggs mature. So it will be new eggs.

Hope this makes sense and that I am correct. If I am wrong someone please correct me!

Thanks hun! That makes perfect sense and puts my mind at rest. Doubt i will be lucky enough to get my bfp first round but it would be the best thing ever if i did!
Gl to you hun, hope you get your bfp very soon :hugs:

hello baby girl hall, i'm on my first month of clomid, and i'm also trying to conceive baby no2. My first was conceived without trying, and its really frustrating that its not happening this time. If you dont mind me asking, did you conceive easily with your first?. Its nice to find somebody on here also trying to conceive a second, as it makes u feel guilty that you already have a child, when some dont have any. Its still so hard thogh every month when af arrives.

Hey so broody, yeah is nice to find someone who i can relate to. With my first baby i came off bcp in June and conceived in the October so did not take long although i did not go back to regular cycles after stopping bcp. I know what you mean about feeling a bit guilty cos already have one, some people on this form have been trying for so long for number one :nope:
Really excited about trying clomid, i have read so many success stories and hope i can be one of them. Maybe we can be ttc buddies?
How old is your little one?
fx we get our bfp soon :thumbup:

You are born with all the eggs you will ever have, so yup, they have all been sitting there a while.

Hello ladies, i'm also soon to be starting clomid, hopefully by next week if AF ever comes on. I'm trying for number 2 after so many losses before. I'm hoping to conceive on the first or second cycle, i'm not good at these things when you have to temp and take pills eventually I mess up.

Good luck to all. Anyone worried about the chance of multiples?

Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind me popping in here. You can definitely get pregnant on the first round of clomid-- but don't be discouraged if you don't! I didn't ovulate on my first or second rounds of clomid (50mg, then 100mg) I was upped to 150mg for my 3rd round and ovulated! I didn't catch the egg 3rd cycle or 4th cycle... but on the 5th cycle, after two whole years of trying, we finally got our BFP.
Be patient on clomid... it isn't an instant miracle drug... but it DOES work. It may take you one round... or it may take you five or six. Just stay strong and stay positive!
Good luck ladies!! I know you all are going to get your BFPs soon!! If you ever have any questions about your clomid cycle-- message me! Baby dust to you!
xoxo

Hey so broody, yeah is nice to find someone who i can relate to. With my first baby i came off bcp in June and conceived in the October so did not take long although i did not go back to regular cycles after stopping bcp. I know what you mean about feeling a bit guilty cos already have one, some people on this form have been trying for so long for number one :nope:
Really excited about trying clomid, i have read so many success stories and hope i can be one of them. Maybe we can be ttc buddies?

hello:thumbup: my little man will be 5 in march, i love him so much and would love him to have a little :baby: brother or sister. I would have liked a smaller age gap but we've been trying for 3 1/2 yrs now and nothing yet :growlmad: How old is your little man?
I was diagnosed with pcos at the end of last year, so at least i've got an answer now, so trying to stay positive. I would love to be ttc buddies and hopefully we will be announcing our:bfp: very soon.:happydance:

Hello ladies, i'm also soon to be starting clomid, hopefully by next week if AF ever comes on. I'm trying for number 2 after so many losses before. I'm hoping to conceive on the first or second cycle, i'm not good at these things when you have to temp and take pills eventually I mess up.

Good luck to all. Anyone worried about the chance of multiples?

Hi garrickbaby:thumbup: hope the:witch: arrives soon for you, i am currently waiting for mine to arrive, or hoping it doesn't should i say. I would love it if my first cycle has been successful, but i know it would be to good to be true. I am slightly worried about multiples, as i have a high chance anyway. My mum has twin brothers and my sister has twins, but on my follicle tracking, i only had one follicle developing thank god. If i did have more than 1, then there would just be more to love.

Good luck to you and hope you get your:bfp: soon.

Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind me popping in here. You can definitely get pregnant on the first round of clomid-- but don't be discouraged if you don't! I didn't ovulate on my first or second rounds of clomid (50mg, then 100mg) I was upped to 150mg for my 3rd round and ovulated! I didn't catch the egg 3rd cycle or 4th cycle... but on the 5th cycle, after two whole years of trying, we finally got our BFP.
Be patient on clomid... it isn't an instant miracle drug... but it DOES work. It may take you one round... or it may take you five or six. Just stay strong and stay positive!
Good luck ladies!! I know you all are going to get your BFPs soon!! If you ever have any questions about your clomid cycle-- message me! Baby dust to you!
xoxo

Thanks for the advice we cant wait :thumbup:, this site is brilliant, i'm happy to see so many positive results on clomid.
Congratulations on your pregnancy, i bet you cant wait. Do you know what your having? or is it going to be a lovely suprise.

hey. thought id say hey!!
I started 50mg of clomid on sunday just gone. due to finish thursday.
Am so excited. brought clear blue opks today so going to be testing prob from tomorrow. as AF arrived on friday 21st. But im not really sure when i should be testing I have pcos you see and although ive had a visit from the AF twice in two months. before then she didnt visit for 10months lol. so even thou been ttc no:1 since Oct 2009 i still dont fully understand opks lol! But thought if i test everyother day and see how i go...what you think!!!

GOOD LUCK AND LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!
LETS HOPE CLOMID WORKS FIRST TIME FOR US ALL!!!!!xxx

Hi ladies
Can i just check did ur fs do an hsg before starting you on clomid??? I'm due to see fs next week and am afraid that he may just give me clomid - before going to the bother of checking my tubes

thanks

Hi garrickbaby:thumbup: hope the:witch: arrives soon for you, i am currently waiting for mine to arrive, or hoping it doesn't should i say. I would love it if my first cycle has been successful, but i know it would be to good to be true. I am slightly worried about multiples, as i have a high chance anyway. My mum has twin brothers and my sister has twins, but on my follicle tracking, i only had one follicle developing thank god. If i did have more than 1, then there would just be more to love.

Good luck to you and hope you get your:bfp: soon.[/QUOTE]

The more i think of it twins would be nice. I just can't wait to get this started. fingers x'ed for all of us. I would be on bedrest so i'm not looking forward to that part but its all worth it.

Im getting ready to start my first round as well! finally started af today! my last one was on Oct 6h! It took me 18 days after provera to start! I was about to give up and if finally came!! Im nervous about taking the clomid but im so ready to be a mom!! lets keep in touch!!

I'm going to start my second round of clomid in a few days as the first round didn't work. I also had absolutely no problems conceiving my first baby and for some reason now we just cannot get pregnant. I am keeping my fingers crossed for this month, and the same for everyone else. Lets get the BFP this feb!!

Can I join? :hi: I'm starting my 1st round of clomid Friday. I ovulate on my own but it's all over the place so my doctor finally decided it's time for clomid. We've been ttc for 10 months now so I'm really hoping this is our anwer. Hopefully we can all be clomid graduates! :amartass:

Im getting ready to start my first round as well! finally started af today! my last one was on Oct 6h! It took me 18 days after provera to start! I was about to give up and if finally came!! Im nervous about taking the clomid but im so ready to be a mom!! lets keep in touch!!

O NO, it took 18 days, I was hoping it would only take a few days to start. Well at least your able to start clomid now, good luck. Did anyone have bad side effects on clomid?

Hi ladies
Can i just check did ur fs do an hsg before starting you on clomid??? I'm due to see fs next week and am afraid that he may just give me clomid - before going to the bother of checking my tubes

thanks

I would have the HSG done before hand. I did. They say you are more fertile the 3 cycles following it if all is clear. All was clear in my case but nothing happened in those 3 cycles :(. I think it's good to rule that out before the clomid but every doctor goes about things differently.

:hugs:

hello:thumbup: my little man will be 5 in march, i love him so much and would love him to have a little :baby: brother or sister. I would have liked a smaller age gap but we've been trying for 3 1/2 yrs now and nothing yet :growlmad: How old is your little man?
I was diagnosed with pcos at the end of last year, so at least i've got an answer now, so trying to stay positive. I would love to be ttc buddies and hopefully we will be announcing our:bfp: very soon.:happydance:

Hey, you have been trying a long time havent you! Really hope you get your bfp soon, you deserve it! My little boy will be 4 in July, growing up so fast.
fx for our bfp very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"