A clomid question..

hey. thought id say hey!!
I started 50mg of clomid on sunday just gone. due to finish thursday.
Am so excited. brought clear blue opks today so going to be testing prob from tomorrow. as AF arrived on friday 21st. But im not really sure when i should be testing I have pcos you see and although ive had a visit from the AF twice in two months. before then she didnt visit for 10months lol. so even thou been ttc no:1 since Oct 2009 i still dont fully understand opks lol! But thought if i test everyother day and see how i go...what you think!!!

GOOD LUCK AND LOTS OF BABY DUST!!!
LETS HOPE CLOMID WORKS FIRST TIME FOR US ALL!!!!!xxx

hi loubylou, i'm just waiting for AF after my first cycle on clomid 50mg. To be honest, i have not got a clue when to test opks, i too have pcos and my FS told me it can give a miss leading result if you have pcos, so i' just seeing what happens this month, and maybe i will use them next cycle if my AF arrives. I'm just waiting for the results to my prostergone test to see if i've ovulated so fx i have. Hope clomid works for you and all of us.x

Im getting ready to start my first round as well! finally started af today! my last one was on Oct 6h! It took me 18 days after provera to start! I was about to give up and if finally came!! Im nervous about taking the clomid but im so ready to be a mom!! lets keep in touch!!

Hi jenn, i really hope clomid works for you, and i'm sure you will be a mummy very soon, baby dust to you.x

:hugs:
Hey so broody, yeah is nice to find someone who i can relate to. With my first baby i came off bcp in June and conceived in the October so did not take long although i did not go back to regular cycles after stopping bcp. I know what you mean about feeling a bit guilty cos already have one, some people on this form have been trying for so long for number one :nope:
Really excited about trying clomid, i have read so many success stories and hope i can be one of them. Maybe we can be ttc buddies?
How old is your little one?
fx we get our bfp soon :thumbup:

hello:thumbup: my little man will be 5 in march, i love him so much and would love him to have a little :baby: brother or sister. I would have liked a smaller age gap but we've been trying for 3 1/2 yrs now and nothing yet :growlmad: How old is your little man?
I was diagnosed with pcos at the end of last year, so at least i've got an answer now, so trying to stay positive. I would love to be ttc buddies and hopefully we will be announcing our:bfp: very soon.:happydance:

Hey, you have been trying a long time havent you! Really hope you get your bfp soon, you deserve it! My little boy will be 4 in July, growing up so fast.
fx for our bfp very soon!

Thanks hun, and the same to you. They do grow up way to fast, and how funny, i've just realised your little boy is called Joshua, and that is my sons name too lol.x

hi everyone, hope your all well. I am now on cd 25, for the past few days i have felt sick all day and had cramping in my abdomen, is this normal on clomid? i dont feel sick today, but it felt like pregnancy symptoms yesterday. I know i sound mad, but i think my body is messing with my head because i want it to be morning sickness so bad lol. Af is due anytime now, but my cycles are normally all over the place so i just want to know whats going on in my body. I had my 21 day prostergone test done on monday and waiting for the results is torture, i just want to know if i've ovulated or not, because then i'm a step nearer to a:bfp:. The OH has got his SA on Monday so i'm hoping everything is ok with him. Are these symptoms normal or am i going round the bend lol.x:rofl:

Hi Hun,

I dont want to rain on your parade but my first month on clomid I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant. I just FELT it. It was such a strong feeling that I was sure I was. Then I read a post on here from a lady who said that on her first month on clomid she would have bet her house on her being pregnant. If I hadnt read that and been a little prepared that AF might show I honestly dont know what I would have done. Prob had a minor breakdown lol.

Anyway what I am trying to say... Clomid can make you feel pregnant. Now that is not to say you are not pregnant. You absolutely may be. I just wanted to tell you my experience just in case!

FX for you hun that it is a BFP xxx

I'm so glad I found this thread. I was getting ready to ask all of the questions that have already asked and answered. I took my very first 50 mg Clomid of my first cycle of it. I was recently diagnosised with PCOS and doc thinks I don't have the best of chances without the extra help. I know I will definitely take all that I can get since I also have the lovely added benefit of having just turned 35. Doc also thinks it will take a higher dose to get me a BFP.

My thing is that ever since I started the metformin, I'm pretty certain I ovulated. So I'm wondering if I have a better chance at twins? I'm just hoping for a healthy and mature egg.

Hello everyone. Just took my very first pill today! Here we go...:happydance:

Hi Hun,

I dont want to rain on your parade but my first month on clomid I was absolutely convinced I was pregnant. I just FELT it. It was such a strong feeling that I was sure I was. Then I read a post on here from a lady who said that on her first month on clomid she would have bet her house on her being pregnant. If I hadnt read that and been a little prepared that AF might show I honestly dont know what I would have done. Prob had a minor breakdown lol.

Anyway what I am trying to say... Clomid can make you feel pregnant. Now that is not to say you are not pregnant. You absolutely may be. I just wanted to tell you my experience just in case!

FX for you hun that it is a BFP xxx

Thanks for the advice Nolly, its good to know its not just me feeling mad lol. Its horrible when you feel like that, but i think you just convince yourself because you want it so badly. Well i got my prostergone results and it was 56.2, is that good or not?
FX clomid works for us both .xx

56.2 is excellent hun. Anything over 30 means you Ovulated. So that is really fantastic.

Thing is I often thought before... oh I might be preg but I never felt really sure before. It was clomid playing with my mind...lol

Hope its a BFP for both of us too hunny! GL and keep me posted!

I talked to my doctor yesterday about the clomid. He wants me to take it on days 3-7 come in on the 7th and check the follicles to see if any are maturing. If so he said he wants to give me a hcg trigger shot to boost ovulation. Is this common on the first round of clomid? any experience of knowledge willbe very much appreciated!

Not sure hun, its my first round too. Sure its ok, hope it works for you :thumbup:

jenn2010~ that is not too uncommon for Clomid. There is A LOT of helpful info over in the assisted conception part instead of just general TTC. I went there after I was prescribed Clomid and an IUI and the ladies were awesome and informative!

56.2 is excellent hun. Anything over 30 means you Ovulated. So that is really fantastic.

Thing is I often thought before... oh I might be preg but I never felt really sure before. It was clomid playing with my mind...lol

Thanks nolly, its good to know i've ovulated, but a :bfp: would top it off. What is your prostergone level if you dont mind me asking? i still keep feeling sick, but also getting alot of cramping in my tummy so i think :witch: is on her way. I dont really know when AF is due, as my cycles are normally all over the place, but i'm pressuming that since i ovulated, it will hopefully make my cycle shorter. Good luck to you hun.x

hi Jenn, my doc never said anything about a HCG trigger shot to me, and i'm on my first cycle of clomid, so sorry i cant help you there. If your doc thinks its a good idea, then i would go for it, they know what their talking about and it might help you get a :bfp: sooner. Good luck hun.x

Hi everyone, :hi: i'm obsessed with the 21 prostergone level now lol, what was everyones results if you dont mind me asking. lot of:dust: to you all.x

Hope everyone had a great day. Did any of you O earlier than normal on clomid? I have EWCM on CD8 and I never have it that early. Should I use an OPK or would that be wasteful? I heard that you really feel O on clomid so maybe its just stuff leading up to O. I dunno...any thoughts?

I'm on Clomid 50 mg, second round and I'm waiting to ovulate. Could be another two weeks. How's everyone feeling?

:hi:girls, i ovulated alot sooner on clomid. Sadly I think AF is arriving as i have had a bit of blood when i've wiped today( sorry TMI) lol. It hasn't arrived properly yet and i wish it will get a move on so i can start my second cycle. I am cd 29 at the moment and i'm amazed that i'm getting signs of AF, as never have it this early, so i think clomid is deffo helping. My cycles are normally erratic, although i have a period every month, it can go between 35- 45 days long, but i have always had heavy and painful AF. I think i am going to do opk's this month and try and catch that little eggy. Good luck to you all.x

Thanks nolly, its good to know i've ovulated, but a :bfp: would top it off. What is your prostergone level if you dont mind me asking? i still keep feeling sick, but also getting alot of cramping in my tummy so i think :witch: is on her way. I dont really know when AF is due, as my cycles are normally all over the place, but i'm pressuming that since i ovulated, it will hopefully make my cycle shorter. Good luck to you hun.x

Hi hun,

My level before clomid was 26. So not very low but Gyne said they like to see it above 30. I wont know til end of Feb was my levels are on clomid as I have to wait for Gyne appointment to find out.

I am fairly sure though I ov'ed on it as I have Ov pains which I have never had.

How many days dpo are you now? Any sign of a BFP? :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"