A clomid question..

:hi:girls, i ovulated alot sooner on clomid. Sadly I think AF is arriving as i have had a bit of blood when i've wiped today( sorry TMI) lol. It hasn't arrived properly yet and i wish it will get a move on so i can start my second cycle. I am cd 29 at the moment and i'm amazed that i'm getting signs of AF, as never have it this early, so i think clomid is deffo helping. My cycles are normally erratic, although i have a period every month, it can go between 35- 45 days long, but i have always had heavy and painful AF. I think i am going to do opk's this month and try and catch that little eggy. Good luck to you all.x

Yeah it shortened my cycles too. Last month I had 24 day cycle. You aint out til AF comes. fx for you :winkwink:

:hi:girls, i ovulated alot sooner on clomid. Sadly I think AF is arriving as i have had a bit of blood when i've wiped today( sorry TMI) lol. It hasn't arrived properly yet and i wish it will get a move on so i can start my second cycle. I am cd 29 at the moment and i'm amazed that i'm getting signs of AF, as never have it this early, so i think clomid is deffo helping. My cycles are normally erratic, although i have a period every month, it can go between 35- 45 days long, but i have always had heavy and painful AF. I think i am going to do opk's this month and try and catch that little eggy. Good luck to you all.x

Yeah it shortened my cycles too. Last month I had 24 day cycle. You aint out til AF comes. fx for you :winkwink:

Thanks ladies. I think I'll wait until CD12 to start testing with OPK's but it's good to know that some of you have O'ed early on clomid. It may just be the pre stretchy stuff for me.

You can Ov as early as 5 days after your last tablet. Just so you know I ov'ed this cycle on CD11.

Hi,

I dont mean to butt in, but i just wanted to give you a success story that may make you all feel more positive.

I started clomid in November 2008 after a year and half of trying and fell pregnant on my very first round. My little boy was born 25th August 2009 and he is happy and healthy.

Hope this gives you more hope :) Baby dust to you all :) xxx

Thank you for the success story! I am on my first round of clomid 50 mg and I started sunday and will finish Thursday. I am ovulating regularly on my own, but my Dr. thinks this may give me the extra boost I need :)

Hi,

I dont mean to butt in, but i just wanted to give you a success story that may make you all feel more positive.

I started clomid in November 2008 after a year and half of trying and fell pregnant on my very first round. My little boy was born 25th August 2009 and he is happy and healthy.

Hope this gives you more hope :) Baby dust to you all :) xxx

Thanks Lola, this does give me hope for my first round!

Thank you for the success story! I am on my first round of clomid 50 mg and I started sunday and will finish Thursday. I am ovulating regularly on my own, but my Dr. thinks this may give me the extra boost I need :)

Hi Tracy. I am in the same situation as you. I take my last pill today. How long have you been ttc?

Hey Ladies,

First off I'm new here, nice to meet all of you and I hope I can join you. My DH and I have been "not preventing" since November. We have offically agreed to start trying in March. I went in for my preconception appointment with my doc. Over the last year I've had problems with very long periods, but very light. We did a D&C in June '10 in hopes of regulating my period flow but it didn't help. So when I went in for my preconception I told the doc that my periods are back to the way they used to be. She said it sounds as if I am not ovulating which may be the cause of the light periods. She is having me come back for bloodwork to determine levels and then I will start on Clomid for my March cycle.

I'm excited but nervous because I don't know what to expect, I also don't know if I should be using OPK's during Clomid because I've read that sometimes you can get false positives while on Clomid. Also my husband is still very nervous about making the decision to begin trying so I'm worried that going through all of this is going to scare him away from wanting to try at all. Its been a long road with convincing him that we're ready for this. The doc wants him to get a seman analysis as well but he won't. I think its just too much for him to take in right now.

Any advice from you, ladies would help. Do any of you have partners that aren't quite sure all of this worth it? I know he wants children but I know he's agreeing to try mostly because I can't wait any longer, I'm going absolutely baby crazy.

Thanks,

Amber

My husband is very nervous about becoming a dad and it took me ages to convince him to start trying. We were Not Preventing for ages too.

I got him to do an SA by telling him that when we did start trying we would know before if anything was wrong. He knows we are trying now but I just dont talk about it. I put no pressure on him. I tell him when the time is right it will happen.

I think if he could see inside my head and see how obsessed I am with ttc he would run a mile. lol.

I think some men just dont have the same need to become a parent. That is why mother nature in her wisdom made the desire to be a mother so strong.

My advise is to take a very relaxed approach around him and come on here for a moan and support when you need it.

Good luck hunny!

Hey Ladies,

First off I'm new here, nice to meet all of you and I hope I can join you. My DH and I have been "not preventing" since November. We have offically agreed to start trying in March. I went in for my preconception appointment with my doc. Over the last year I've had problems with very long periods, but very light. We did a D&C in June '10 in hopes of regulating my period flow but it didn't help. So when I went in for my preconception I told the doc that my periods are back to the way they used to be. She said it sounds as if I am not ovulating which may be the cause of the light periods. She is having me come back for bloodwork to determine levels and then I will start on Clomid for my March cycle.

I'm excited but nervous because I don't know what to expect, I also don't know if I should be using OPK's during Clomid because I've read that sometimes you can get false positives while on Clomid. Also my husband is still very nervous about making the decision to begin trying so I'm worried that going through all of this is going to scare him away from wanting to try at all. Its been a long road with convincing him that we're ready for this. The doc wants him to get a seman analysis as well but he won't. I think its just too much for him to take in right now.

Any advice from you, ladies would help. Do any of you have partners that aren't quite sure all of this worth it? I know he wants children but I know he's agreeing to try mostly because I can't wait any longer, I'm going absolutely baby crazy.

Thanks,

Amber

Welcome Amber! :hi: Good luck with your husband...I know it's sometimes hard to get them on board. We're here for you. My husband is pretty much game to whatever but he refuses to get excited about anything. When I told him the doctor was putting me on clomid I was so excited. I was sad when he wasn't but I know he's just being cautious. We've tried other things before and none of them worked. That's where we are at the moment.

Hi Tracy. I am in the same situation as you. I take my last pill today. How long have you been ttc?

Hi! This will be our 8th cycle ttc. How about you?

Hey I hope you don't mind me joining in. Started clomid second round 50mg this month, not sure if I ov the 1st round. TTC for 2 years, have PCOS but have ovulated on my own but have longer cycles and annovulation issues. Second round - scan on Monday to see how it's going. Any suggestions on how soon to start bedding after taken clomid? I am thinking D10 onwards??

hi nolly, well AF still hasn't arrived properly, i just have brownish discharge when i wipe, and boobs are really sore. but keep getting:bfn: so i'm pretty sure AF will be arriving in full force shortly:(

Hi! This will be our 8th cycle ttc. How about you?

This is our 10th cycle. Good luck!

hi nolly, well AF still hasn't arrived properly, i just have brownish discharge when i wipe, and boobs are really sore. but keep getting:bfn: so i'm pretty sure AF will be arriving in full force shortly:(

Hi Broody,

Just to let you know, im also getting the brown discharge with the sore boobies with a high chart. My doc sent me for a blood test yesterday as i got 4 BFN after a week late. He thinks im pregnant.. still waiting results!

I think its worth getting that blood test!:thumbup:

Hey I hope you don't mind me joining in. Started clomid second round 50mg this month, not sure if I ov the 1st round. TTC for 2 years, have PCOS but have ovulated on my own but have longer cycles and annovulation issues. Second round - scan on Monday to see how it's going. Any suggestions on how soon to start bedding after taken clomid? I am thinking D10 onwards??

The more the merrier! I think your plan sounds good. Good luck with your 2nd round and with your scan Monday. I hope this is it for you. :flower:

:hi:
Hey Ladies,

Thanks,

Amber

hello:hi: and welcome. I don't think men are ever eady to be honest especially when it involves testing their :spermy: lol. My OH did not wanna get his tested, but we finally did it yesterday and are awaiting the results. I had to put in alot of emotional blackmail to get him to do it. We have a little boy already, so he thinks he is fine as i have pcos, but they dont realise that the FS needs their results to. I hope he agrees to do it for you,because the outcome is so worth it, and dont worry we are all baby crazy here. Keep your chin up and ask anything you want. Good luck and baby dust to you.x:dust:

How many DPO are you? Do you know? Loads of women dont get a BFP til AF is actually late. I really hope :witch: stays away and it is a BFP.

Hope everyone had a great day. Did any of you O earlier than normal on clomid? I have EWCM on CD8 and I never have it that early. Should I use an OPK or would that be wasteful? I heard that you really feel O on clomid so maybe its just stuff leading up to O. I dunno...any thoughts?

You know im starting to get some EWCM as well. today is only CD 7 for me but Its not a whole lot so I guess its just leading up to it maybe??

Hi ladies :hi: Hope you don't mind if I join you. I'm starting my first round of clomid sometime this week (not sure when as I'm waiting for a call back from our RE on when to come in for my u/s - should be CD3-5 and I'm CD1 today). I'm extremely excited about starting on this as we're heading into our 14th month of trying. I also have pcos and can go months without AF so I don't even know what cycle this would even be (maybe 6 at the most :shrug: ), the last 3 AF (except for this one) have been induced. This cycle I o'd on my own on CD34 and AF arrived at 13dpo non-induced :thumbup: Though I'm disappointed, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be - most likely since I'll be starting on clomid.

Anyhow, I have read through all the posts and I was wondering if any of you ladies experienced dryness from the clomid? Are any of you taking anything to counteract it if you were drier than normal (EPO, grapefruit juice, Robitussin, etc.)?

Let's get those :bfp: girls!!!! :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"