A clomid question..

Stash, Sorry I forgot to answer your question in the above post. I did not have to go to the ER, but I felt like someone got needle nose pliers and jabbed them into my right ovary and twisted and never let go. When I got up and moved around it went away after about 6 hours. I was having a very busy day at work as soon as I walked in the door, and did not even have time to keep reminding myself how bad it hurt. I just had to keep going. I have never had a cyst that I know of, my dr did not seem concerned AT ALL, and told me not to worry about it, and immediately handed me a rx for clomid, knowing that I do ovulate.

I am excited, I hope it works.

My Dr was telling me the injections were what caused people to have twins. Dont want to get the injections unless I have to.

My cycles are 31 days. Ov on day 15-16 (starting late night the 15th into the 16th mid day ending). I only know this because I used opk 3 times a day to figure out what time the O actually happened :) I hope the OPKs work during clomid. I purchased CBEM but I think I will sell it on ebay, apparently its not as easy to use if you use clomid.

Goodluck to everyone xoxox

I thought I had read about that somewhere too, good to know. Is there a reason why they might not be as accurate? I know that clomid basically tricks your body into producing more estrogen and FSH...does it do the same with LH?

I have no idea why any of that information is accurate or inaccurate. Your guess is as good as mine. I have no clue about any of this stuff, just basing it off what she told me. Have you had any injections yet? Did you go for an ultrasound? If you have a cyst they should do an ultrasound to see how big it is. If you are unhappy about what the Dr said, I would get a second op. It wouldnt hurt. :)

Stash, Sorry I forgot to answer your question in the above post. I did not have to go to the ER, but I felt like someone got needle nose pliers and jabbed them into my right ovary and twisted and never let go. When I got up and moved around it went away after about 6 hours. I was having a very busy day at work as soon as I walked in the door, and did not even have time to keep reminding myself how bad it hurt. I just had to keep going. I have never had a cyst that I know of, my dr did not seem concerned AT ALL, and told me not to worry about it, and immediately handed me a rx for clomid, knowing that I do ovulate.

I am excited, I hope it works.

Our RE didn't seem too concerned either, just said to limit my activities and that they couldn't do clomid until it was gone. They monitor each cycle like a hawk and err on the side of caution, if you know what I mean. If I have more than two mature eggs ready to release, they will cancel the cycle (that's because I said I would refuse to do a fetal reduction - usually the limit is 3 mature eggs).

The only thing he was adamant about was to go to the ER immediately if I felt a sudden onset of pain. Thanks for the description of the pain, I think I have actually had a ruptured cyst on more than one occasion in high school. I remember it feeling like someone had jabbed a pair of scissors into my pelvic region multiple times (lasted for a few hours before subsiding) and I would be in tears with pain. I always thought it was just ovulation since I hardly ever had AF.

I hope clomid works for you!! I love hearing success stories :thumbup: so keep me updated (I also love all the little details). :haha:

Awee I will, thanks for chatting with me about it. I am sure everything will work out just the way it is supposed to in your case, it normally does :D

Big hugs, I will add you as a buddy if thats ok :D

I have no idea why any of that information is accurate or inaccurate. Your guess is as good as mine. I have no clue about any of this stuff, just basing it off what she told me. Have you had any injections yet? Did you go for an ultrasound? If you have a cyst they should do an ultrasound to see how big it is. If you are unhappy about what the Dr said, I would get a second op. It wouldnt hurt. :)

This was supposed to be my first clomid cycle (I had posted something about this earlier in here but I think it got buried in all the posts that day), so I haven't had any injections yet. They found it when I went in for the u/s to make sure everything is okay before they start the clomid. It wasn't there the cycle before for my saline hysterosonogram, and it is now 6 cm. He printed out a picture of it for me to keep - I'm guessing so that if I do have to go to the ER I can just show them the picture and save some time. It looks about the same size as my uterus in the picture - really weird looking - it's shaped like a jelly bean.

About the 2nd opinion, I trust his advice (now that I've processed everything). Plus, I have a client that is an OB/GYN surgeon within my insurance network so I was planning on talking with her about it when I see her next :blush: And if she has a different view on it, I might ask her if she has any REs she would recommend.

Ahhh okay, I think I read that earlier today and just forgot about that.

I was very surprised that my dr jumped on the op to give me clomid. I didnt even go in there thinking I needed to get that. I was really more concerned that I had an eptopic pg or a cyst. She said ultrasound was clean as a whistle and they didnt see a thing.
Hmmmmm......

I am starting my first pill tomorrow. I really hope it works.

I bet your cyst will go away sooner than you think and you will be back to ttc in no time.
:D

Awee I will, thanks for chatting with me about it. I am sure everything will work out just the way it is supposed to in your case, it normally does :D

Big hugs, I will add you as a buddy if thats ok :D

Of course that's ok :hugs: And I know it will too. How long have you been ttc? We're in our 14th month (don't know what cycle since I'm so irregular). But, my parents tried for 8 years before they had me (I'm the oldest of 2), were told they would never be able to have children, and then 18 months later they found out they were preggo with my sister. I must say that it's so nice being able to talk with my mom about all this and really appreciate how much they tried for me. We were close, really close, before, but now I have an even deeper connection with my parents. So, the brightest silver lining with this struggle is that (so far :haha: )

10 months, 1 month charting :D

Thats good that you feel comfortable talking to them about it. Its hard to talk to people about it because they ask about it, when you dont wanna talk about it sometimes, that stresses me out. So I dont talk about it or tell much of anyone, except here of course.

My friend just had a baby and I went to the hospital to see them yesterday, he was so cute. Wanted to take him home.. LOL

Ahhh okay, I think I read that earlier today and just forgot about that.

I was very surprised that my dr jumped on the op to give me clomid. I didnt even go in there thinking I needed to get that. I was really more concerned that I had an eptopic pg or a cyst. She said ultrasound was clean as a whistle and they didnt see a thing.
Hmmmmm......

I am starting my first pill tomorrow. I really hope it works.

I bet your cyst will go away sooner than you think and you will be back to ttc in no time.
:D

Definitely let me know how it goes! Are you doing anything along with the clomid (apparently it usually dries you out)? I had purchased some preseed for that reason.

And thank you for that :hugs: Not sure if you believe in any of this, but I'm a firm believer in our bodies' natural affinity to heal itself, as well as energy work. :flower:

10 months, 1 month charting :D

Thats good that you feel comfortable talking to them about it. Its hard to talk to people about it because they ask about it, when you dont wanna talk about it sometimes, that stresses me out. So I dont talk about it or tell much of anyone, except here of course.

My friend just had a baby and I went to the hospital to see them yesterday, he was so cute. Wanted to take him home.. LOL

I did make the mistake of letting a lot of people know...I was just really excited about the whole prospect of being a mom :haha: For the people that aren't really close friends, I have just started telling them that we have decided to take a break. Everyone else has pretty much been great about it (one of which found out she was pregnant around the time we started ttc - I think she's been the best about it, but then she's also one of my closest friends). I just keep picking her brain about everything after pregnancy...she's probably getting irritated with me :rofl:

LOL! I know the feeling. Sometimes I want to say "Just mind your own business." LOL..
The dr could tell I was irritated but I just told her we were not preventing it that I could not drive myself crazy with every detail of this symptom, ect. She knew what I was trying to say, then hands over a rx for clomid. HA! Too funny.

I hate it when I see someone I have not seen in a year or so and they say so when are you going to have a baby? Ughhhh

LOL!! I had people asking as soon as DH and I got back from our honeymoon! We didn't start trying until about 5 months later...I had to talk him into it. We took a very laid back approach, that and I have very irregular cycles sometimes going more than 6 months without AF. It wasn't until the past month that I've really gotten more active with it.

Right there with you, we are on the same page :D

I did have a question about the HSG test, Did you have that?

Question being: If i am having the test on feb 11th, and o on the 19th, will the test have a negitive effect on conception or egg quality this month ?

I did have a question about the HSG test, Did you have that?

Question being: If i am having the test on feb 11th, and o on the 19th, will the test have a negitive effect on conception or egg quality this month ?

I'm pretty sure you should be okay with that timing. I had an SHG, which isn't exactly the same but similar, on CD11. Usually this clears any minor blockages and you're a bit more fertile that cycle (from what my RE said).

Nolly, She put me on 50mg on days 2-6 of cycle. Do you normally ovulate on the same day when you take clomid vs when you dont? Do OPK come out skewed?

I dont use OPK's I cant seem to get a positive on them as I cant hold my wee for long enough lol.

I Ov'ed 1st month on clomid on CD13 and month 2 & 3 on CD11. I had lovely Ov pains on clomid which I dont get without. I also had EWCM on clomid which I only noticed before on the cycle before clomid.

How long are your cycles usually? Clomid shortened mine by a few days but I really feel like I am Ov'ing on it. I am currently 10DPO and praying for a BFP this time as I only had 3 months on it. Have to go to Gyne on 28 Feb to see where we go from here. Maybe more clomid???

Are they monitoring your cycles - checking how your ovaries are responding to it and confirming ovulation? How many cycles are they thinking about doing for you? They're doing 3 clomid + injection cycles and then 3 clomid + injection with IUI cycles for me...if those don't work, then it's either IVF or try naturally again.

Hopefully you won't have to worry about that stuff :flower: Sending dust your way (since I can't use mine right now :rofl: ) :dust:

Thanks for your spare baby dust. I will mind it for you and return it once you get the go ahead to ttc again! lol

No they are not really monitoring me. Just handed me a 3 month prescription and told me come back in 4 months!!!! I have had my 21 day bloods taken the first 2 months (not this month though). I have appointment to see my gyne on 28th Feb so I will get my results from 21 day bloods then.

I am 11DPO today and I am feeling a little bit funny so I am a little excited about that. Yeah I wont be so excited when AF makes a sneak attack on me so I am trying to calm myself down lol.

How are you feeling now hunny? Are you in any pain from the cyst?

Im starting clomid next week and im stupid but im hoping to get pregnant on first round and i prob will be dissapointed if i dont cause iv got my hopes up! oops lol

Im starting clomid next week and im stupid but im hoping to get pregnant on first round and i prob will be dissapointed if i dont cause iv got my hopes up! oops lol

I think it's perfectly normal to get your hopes up for the first round. I know mine are up! It's just a whole new renewed hope that something will work. That's how I see it atleast! Good luck!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->