A couple of experiments and some explanations!

avanemo

Reaction score
Ok, I have to run to court but while i was in the lab I think I have solved the FRER faint pink problem! I will post my findings when I get back.... but its the AIR not the flooding... Im sure of it! I did a couple of tests of how I think this happens and I will post pics when I get back....

(All my BFN's were boring me so I had to spice it up... and since I swore off evaps and experiments in my own thread I started a new one! LOL)

:ninja:

:rofl:Ahahahahaha I KNEW you couldn't go too long without doing more experiments!! Hurry back and post!:rofl:

Im still waiting on my camera because I need a good pic for this!

But heres my decision on this whole test thing, and I think Ive said it before... but my testing method last month on my false bfps was oversaturate, open the case, and either wait to dry or dry with heat... and I would always get a pink positive. WELL... I sort of cant help but run tallys in my head because its my job to evaluate evidence and as I read these threads I see a VERY common theme of an open test, a positive that develops after 10 minutes, and a sad girl when her period starts. Although I have seen a couple of FRER's that had false positives when NEVER opened, its very very unusual that the faint pink line is on an unopened test. A white antibody strip, yes but thats not the same as the grey or pink line on the OPENED tests....

So... to test my theory I TOTALLY oversaturated my FRER this afternoon and I got NO false positive because.... I didnt crack it open and let the air hit it or any heat and air combo. (but I wont be at all surprised if I come in tomorrow, after it fully dries, and find a false positive)

My professional opinion? What Ive suspected before- AIR causes evaps and false positives... THe reason the cheapies have such a high evap rate- they are in the air. The reason almost all FRER get grey or pink lines after they are opened and dried- the air. and sometimes even when UNopened and looked at a day later because by then- the air has gotten to them.

Yep. Air is the devil.

So I oversaturated my wal mart test (which of course- is in the air to dry) and guess what? Once the air got to it it got smeary and eventually dried with a false positive. SO... ladies... this is my evidenciary findings for the day.

Test responsibly and dont oversaturate your IC's or dollar tree/wal marts and never ever ever open your FRER... if you do- youre odds of heartbreak are just very, very high.

Anyone have any findings of their own to add? (pics will be added soon)

Here are the pics... this is the FRER oversaturated totally but not touching the air... no evap.

SDC13106.jpg

Here is the wal mart test, oversaturated and dry (automatically dries in the air because it has no cover over the test lines). NOt a MAJOR evap, but def evap.

SDC13111.jpg

oh and just a lil refresher- my cracked open and dried in the air (and one in the heat) tests from last month...

Air. is. the devil! Dont open tests ladies! And if you use IC's and Dollar Tree/Wal Marts make sure you use JUST the 3 lil drops and dont move them at all or read them after the time limit... to avoid evaps.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• IMAG0833[1].jpg
    IMAG0833[1].jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMAG0845[1].jpg
    IMAG0845[1].jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 35
I did that same test this morning with a FRER and I got exactly the opposite results.

Even after an hour of air drying out of the case there is still NOTHING on the test; no line, no pink, no nothing.

Hmmm :confused:

Here's the picture of my FRER left to air dry this morning.

Have you tried to capture the progression on camera? As in take a picture every 10 minutes while the test dries? Those evaps look really convincing.

https://i42.tinypic.com/fcv5f6.jpg

Here's the picture of my FRER left to air dry this morning.

Have you tried to capture the progression on camera? As in take a picture every 10 minutes while the test dries? Those evaps look really convincing.

https://i42.tinypic.com/fcv5f6.jpg

Youre absolutely right! I dont see anything on this test...

I did that same test this morning with a FRER and I got exactly the opposite results.

Even after an hour of air drying out of the case there is still NOTHING on the test; no line, no pink, no nothing.

Hmmm :confused:

It is confusing... But Ive done this test ALOT now. It hasnt worked every time, but it has worked MOST of the time, so I still think that if an FRER is going to give an evap, those are the circumstance inwhich it will. Hold on let me show you a pic of when I did like 8 at one time. LOL They didnt ALL work, but most of them did. Which when ever you do a scientific experiment you go with the percentage that is greatest, you know?

IDK, I wouldn't believe it as fact until the theory tested out 100%...you know?

Sure, you're going to have some tests that show up positive after being exposed to air, but I would think that the greater question is; WHY do some tests show positive after air exposure?

That's the more interesting question, I think.

What predisposition do those "positive" tests have that causes a false positive to appear while drying.

IMAG0863[1].jpg

Ok so see, some of the times it didnt work... but sometimes it worked REALLY good! Look at #5... and I know for a fact I wasnt pregnant... So they are definite evaps. Insane isnt it!??!?

This is why I believe so strongly in not opening the tests!

IDK, I wouldn't believe it as fact until the theory tested out 100%...you know?

Sure, you're going to have some tests that show up positive after being exposed to air, but I would think that the greater question is; WHY do some tests show positive after air exposure?

That's the more interesting question, I think.

What predisposition do those "positive" tests have that causes a false positive to appear while drying.

Not even DNA is 100%... nothing is 100%... its all an odds game. When we test DNA its never better then 99%. So... no finding will be 100%.

The reason is, and to answer your question, every test is made a little bit different. So some of the tests are obviously not composed of exactly the same chemical composites... and its not about hcg sensitivity... because in the pic I put up before it was the exact same urine, all 6 tests. So obviously some of the tests were compositely different.

I think FRER knows this, its why they say that if you open the test you contaminate it and you cant rely on the results. AND why they say not to rely on the results after the time limit either. Theres only one common denominator in "after the time frame" and "opening the test" and why they say both of these would cause unreliable results- and its exposure to the air.

We do it anyway and let it confuse us, but the bottom line is they told us upfront it would be a problem.

This is why I believe so strongly in not opening the tests!

Most of the instructions tell you not to open the test, and they ALL say not to read the test after the time limit [usually 10 minutes]

^^ I guess we were typing the same thing at the same time.

^^ I guess we were typing the same thing at the same time.

:) right... :) and yes, thats why they say that... so its not like what Ive come up with is rocket science, but I find it interesting to see it myself. :)

Even though you're testing and stuff and showing people that opening the test is bad, people are still going to do it....

TTC is hard enough on some women that we need to delude ourselves once in a while. :)

Even though you're testing and stuff and showing people that opening the test is bad, people are still going to do it....

TTC is hard enough on some women that we need to delude ourselves once in a while. :)

Oh I know! And remember Im not just on here trying to crash everyones open test dreams, Im TTC too and Ive been disappointed for almost two years now month after month! I just figure that if we can learn something along the way maybe we can cut down how much disappointment we face you know? It hurts to get built up and crash down! BELIEVE ME I know... Ive opened and hoped and prayed and tweaked and inverted and done happy dances on my head... lol... believe me, Im in this game too and its a tough one! But we are in it together right? :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"