A couple of weird questions!

HopefulPony

Mummy to Porge and Bobbin
Reaction score
So, I am 4 days late today - 2ww has become an 18 day wait! Tests are pretty much negative although faint lines on all cheapies, nothing on FR. I don't know when I ovulated, had insemination on day 18 because I usually ovulate day 19 although didn't this time, but we were on holiday days 20-27 so it was our last chance.

First question - I know stress can delay your period, but I thought it was that it delayed ovulation, and then by default your period was delayed. I'm sure that once you've ovulated your luteal phase is finite, so your period will always come 14 days after (or however long yours is usually) unless you're pregnant. But people are telling me that my body "knows" I want to be pregnant so is tricking me, or the worry of it is making my period late... that doesn't sound very scientific to me... thoughts?

Secondly, is there a "right part" of the urine stream to use for testing? Usually I pee into a cup as soon as the stream starts, but today I did it a little bit, realised it wasn't enough then got some more, from the end of the stream. I've noticed the instructions for some midstream tests say use the beginning of the stream as hormones are stronger. Today's tests were significantly fainter, especially for FMU, and the FR was negative. Could I have accidentally messed up, given we are talking about lines that are already really faint?

Not sure about #1.

#2 - I got positives on my cheapies long before a FR. I actually think the cheapies are a lot more sensitive. I personally use one of the "nurses cap" urine collectors that are available at doctor's offices to catch urine and stool samples. This means I collect the entirety of the urine, so if the end dilutes it, then my sample is always slightly diluted. I honestly think it is just because of the sensitives of the brands.

Hey hopeful, I'm at the beginning of my journey so no expert but just know what my body does. I question whether the lutealphase is really finite because I have had the experience of it being different lengths, based on my own feeling myself ovulate. So I don't know if stress changes it but it definitely changes my period dates a bit. As does relaxation.

I don't know about the pee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"