A day in the life of your LO.

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
As the title says what is a typical 24hour period like for you and your LO....?

Should have added my own...here it is...

7am-8am Wakes up,feed, change nappy. If she is wide awake then a little cuddle with mummy in bed.
8am - Back to sleep for a couple hours, i get up (do some chores & get dressed) or go back to sleep.
10am - Another feed, dressed for the day and nappy change.
10.30am - 2.30pm Plays on her mat for a little, then a cuddle and another nap. I have just started going out for a little walk too. (need to lose weight!)
2.30pm - 5pm Feed, nappy change then playtime, cuddle and another sleep.
5pm - 7pm Feed her then hand her over to Daddy(if he is home) for a nappy change. Daddy cuddles and playtime.
Start thinking about dinner, decide and eventually cook dinner.
7pm - 8pm Sleep.
8pm - Feed then bathtime (she screams her head off if i bath her before feeding!)
9pm - Lots and lots of cuddles whilst she falls asleep.
11pm - all of us go up to bed
3am-4am she wakes for a feed then back to sleep till morning!

Although the last few nights/days have been nothing like this ....lol She is feeling poorly.

In between all her sleeping periods i do chores and go on BnB! :D

Hi

Niamh is 15 weeks old and here is her day

8:30 wakes up dressed, faced washed, milk.
9:00 - 10:00 plays with toys while I get washed dressed breakfast sort bottles out for the day put washing on etc...
10:00-10:30 story time....She LOVES it bless her, playing with me
10:30 - 11:30 nap time whilst i go on baby and bump:rofl:
11:30 milk
12:00-13:00 more playtime with mummy, jumperoo bumbo time.
13:00 - 14:00 out for a walk (I'm trying to lose weight!)
14:00-15:00 nap time
15:00 milk
15:00-18:00 more playtime, reading books normally visitors come round at this time so lots of cooing and general baby stuff
18:00 Daddy home from work , milk
18:30 - 20:30 Playtime with daddy, tells daddy everything she has done, i make tea, put clothes away, washing up
20:30 bathtime
20:45 milk and story
21:00 bedtime
21:00 - 23:00 me and OH have alone time which is lovely.
23:00 bed for me and OH
23:00 - 8:30 everyone sleeps ready for the next day!

Phew glad i have finished typing this up now i am tired!:rofl:

Here we go!
7:30am - UP! Breastfeed for 30 mins infront of telly or in bed (if it's very cold lol)
8am - wake Daddy up. Change Ally's nappy and remove him from the grobag for the day! Daddy feeds Ally a bottle while Mummy has a bath.
8:30am - Mummy plays with Ally on his play mat/does the dishes while Ally watches from his bumbo/general playtime.
9:30am - nap!
11:30am (uh oh, very near now!) - up! bottle please Mummy! (sometimes he'll go to 12 though and we play first)
12:30pm - time to go out and do something. A walk, anything. We just have to leave the house most days!
3pm - bottle please followed by little naps and playing
6pm - bottle and booby time
7pm - nappy time, bath
8:30pm - ready for another feed even though it's only been 2 and a half hrs (I never get this...)
9pm - sleep til morning with a few moments of stirring in between where Mummy has to put his dummy back in and 'shush' him.

obviously it can change a bit...his napping is a bit weird at the moment.
But almost on cue - he's waking up!

Well,Lola-Rose is almost a month.
So we still have very little routine but here it is :

7 a.m. waking up and feeding time.I make a bottle for her and coffee for me.
Dressing,diaper changing...
8 p.m. Playtime with Mommy.
10 a.m. new bottle already!
After the bottle come some napping time.
12 p.m. waking up and some bouncer time while mommy finishes what she was doing while Lola-Rose was napping.
2 p.m. Bottle pwease!
3 p.m. a walk through the park while it's sunny and a trip to the store.
5 p.m. napping time.
7 p.m. bottle time
7.30 p.m. lots and lots of cuddle time with Mommy and reading time.
Some nice nappying and cuddling time with Mommy on the couch.

9.30 pm. ready for my bedtime diaper change and my bath.
10-10.30p.m. already tired and falling asleep in an instant from a long day!

One wake up at around 2.30 or so for my bottle,Mommy puts her in bed with her and gets her to sleep and then puts her back in her moses basket once she does.

7am wakes for bottle and nappy change
7:30 back to sleep-I've never got this!
8:30 Daddy goes to work and Chloe gets into bed with me.
9am half a bottle (I dont know)
10am nap time and mummy gets up - I know I'm a lazy sod!
11am nappy change and go downstairs, watch Tikkabilla and In the Night Garden while Mummy puts washing on, does last nights dishes, any other jobs
12 noon the other half of above bottle!
12:15 daddy phones for a chat
12:30-1:30 playtime amd mummys lunch
1:30 a whole bottle!
2:30 go out- anywhere!
3:30 playmat/tummy time
4-4:30 bottle
4:30 nap (sometimes)
5:30 Daddy comes home- cuddles etc
6pm cries while mummy and daddy eat!
6:30 story, toys etc
7-8pm bottle
8pm quiet time
9pm bath ready for bed
10pm top up of milk and bed

the last couple of days waking at 5am instead of 7am. hope it doesnt last!

Hiya this is ours

8am Me and Charlie both get up
8-9.30am plays with toys on play mat while i clean up
9.30am feed
10.00am I put in the night garden on for him & he goes to sleep and i catch an hour sleep too
11.30am wakes up i have a bath get ready
11.30-3pm Play, bumbo, tummy time with a feed about 1pm
3pm-4pm sleep
4pm - 5.30pm play times with a feed about 4.30
5.30pm i put dinner on while charlie sits in his bumbo
6pm Daddys home so daddy has him for an hour
7pm quick nap he usually has another feed when he wakes
7.30pm plays with dad again
8.30pm bath time
9pm feed and rock to sleep
10pm hes usually asleep by this time
10.30pm he usually wakes crying about this time i just need to put dummy back in
11.30pm i go to bed and then charlie wakes up alot after 1am but feeds about twice

these are rough times he varies from day to day xxxx

our routine is a little bit like yours whisper (particularly the walk and reason for it lol) but not the nap bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do you just know they're tired and put them 'down' and they sleep???

cos i feed abs, she'll go to sleep, i'll put her down she'll scream!

i know she's tired, but she'll only sleep ON me. or occassionally in the pram.

how do you get them to nap???

our routine is a little bit like yours whisper (particularly the walk and reason for it lol) but not the nap bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well after a feed Amelia is always really sleepy but she does wake up then i place her on the mat with the musical toy thingy above her she loves looking at the flashing lights (her arms and legs flayling (sp?) about) she talks to it and generally tires herself out.

When she starts getting grouchy i pick her up, talk to her a little (if she avoids looking at me then i know she is tired).

We have a cuddle and i let her get really sleep or actually fall alseep on me then i place her in the pram. Or if i place her in the pram on her tummy she will fall asleep by herself.

I only let her sleep on her tummy if i am around. Does abs like sleeping on her tummy?

Routine? What the hell is one of those? :rofl: She had such a good routine I don't know what happened. All I know is she has set bottle times that she doesn't even always drink because she prefers boobie.. :dohh:

Routine? What the hell is one of those? :rofl: She had such a good routine I don't know what happened. All I know is she has set bottle times that she doesn't even always drink because she prefers boobie.. :dohh:

love it toria, i'm so waiting for ours to go to pot, but here it is, for now anyway :)

7-8am wake up, change bum and have bottle and see daddy off to work.
8-9am cuddles and play with mummy
9am - on to play mat and play for a bit sometimes tummy time while mummy does housework etc.
10am - change bum, wash and dress for maddi, goes under cot mobile and sometimes naps, while mummy gets ready.
11am - bottle and we often go out, round mums or shopping, having lunch out or at mums - not everyday we have some days in and weekends are different with daddy, sometimes my friends come over etc
3/4pm - home if we have been out bottle normally before 3pm as she eats like a piglet during the day :rofl:
5pm - try to get bath in early as James comes home quite late, mummy does bottles while maddi naps/bouncer chair/mobile/play mat/bumbo etc another bottle normally
6:45pm - james comes home from work and we have dinner while maddi watches and or naps.
7pm - play time and bottle with daddy
8pm - normally bedtime
8pm - mummy and daddy time :blush: and maddi sleeps through till morning

this is very roughly we do lots of different things, sometimes i have lots of housework and we have a day in or sometimes we go out. its the pattern with attempt to follow :)

Exactly! We don't have a routine at all to be honest. I just wondered what a 'typical' (if there is ever one of those too) 24hour period is like.

I never even thought about reading to Amelia before reading that others do it too, i tried it today and she loved it! :D

I never even thought about reading to Amelia before reading that others do it too, i tried it today and she loved it! :D[/QUOTE]

I only started reading a week ago cos i was like shes 14 weeks whats the point!:blush: It is very strange but it really calms her down. IT must be something to do with babies liking to hear mummy.

sam is nearly 1 hers our routine
7am sam wakes up for breakfast
7:30 change nappie and get dressed
8am play with sam and other kids
8:45 _9:30 put sam in pram to take sis to school go for walk sam normally goes t sleep
9:45 _ 11 tidy up
11:30 sam wakes up play time
12:30 dinner time
1_3 pm go t nan's house
3_15 pick sis up from school
4_5 play time
5_30 tea time dad leaves for work
6_30 bath time
7-30 bottle time other kids go t bed
8pm sam goes t sleep n mummy tidy up again
our routine changes on a tues mornin as we go t toddler group
also fri mor sam goes t day care 8 while 1

Well after a feed Amelia is always really sleepy but she does wake up then i place her on the mat with the musical toy thingy above her she loves looking at the flashing lights (her arms and legs flayling (sp?) about) she talks to it and generally tires herself out.

When she starts getting grouchy i pick her up, talk to her a little (if she avoids looking at me then i know she is tired).

We have a cuddle and i let her get really sleep or actually fall alseep on me then i place her in the pram. Or if i place her in the pram on her tummy she will fall asleep by herself.

I only let her sleep on her tummy if i am around. Does abs like sleeping on her tummy?

no, she doesn't, she grunts like a little pigie!lol.

i suppose taking her in the pram and letting her nap like that is ok then... i can't rock her (she just wants boob)

i want to be able to put her down and she settles herself to sleep, not sure how and when that will happen:dohh:

Here is our day

5:30am get my big bottle of 6 onz :)
7am-9am chill out in bed with mum & dad
9:30am -10pm eat breakfast and chill out watching baby story with mum
11am -2pm NAP!!!!! whoo hooo
2pm-4pm eat my fruits & watch more baby story on tv while I play on my play mat or on the couch with all my toys
4pm-6pm nap in swing or moms arms
6-9pm eat my supper and play with mum & dad (cuddles, peekaboos and more)
9:30pm( dadddy time) - bath time , massage with cream and get doo doo bottle and off to bed and dont wake up till 5:30am :)

Anytime in between there were usually singing ,playing or his jumperoo

8am- Wakeup, change bum, 5oz bubba, then into the swing
10is- she gets fussy so I wake up from my nap (lol), change the bum, get her dressed, then another 2 oz...back into swing for me to shower. After shower we play until around 12- solid food lunch and 4oz bubba, then nap
2-3- wake up from nap, 4oz bubba, go out for a drive/shop/play/walk
5- 2oz bubba and play with Daddy while I make dinner
6-naptime
8- 2oz bubba and then play/tv time with Daddy
10ish- bath, lotion, book, prayer bunny, bubba and bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member