A disgusting TMI thread. .PILES!

SparkleBug

Reaction score
:wacko:Well here goes with a thread I boastfully went about thinking I'd never have to post and kharma surely bit me right in the bum. Scuse the pun.

I have never had piles in my life and in the past two days I have what I believe to be exactly that. I have googled, images, md websites the lot and despite not really seeing anything there have concluded without any medical expertise I may have internal ones. I have been in quite a bit discomfort past two days and have an extreme high fibre diet with never any difficulty going to the loo and yet I still seem to have been cursed with these. My dad is a medical professional of sorts (used to be) and told me you can still get them because of weight from the uterus on other veins and organs causing the same pressure that produces piles (or something to that effect from what I recall). He rushed to asda for me and got ANUSOL cream which I started last night and have to say I have only gotten perhaps a 15-20% relief from this stuff it's supposed to ease pain immediately. Could I be suffering from something else? Or am I using a rubbish treatment?

Can any of you yummy mummies suggest a good or more potent option? I'm not actually fussed for making them go away - I'm actually more fussed for pain relief! If I can have both then fab. This is so embarrassing :blush: thoughts? Xx

After having no luck with Anusol for nearly a week I ended up seeing my GP who prescribed something else. I was at the stage I couldn't sit, stand or sleep!

sorry never had to go there hun but you have my sympathys, ask your MW what she reccomends she likely wont want to look

Lol I'm thinking I mite dodge trying other stuff and just go strait to go this week. It's not pleasant and ur lucky if you're never burdened with it! Eeeeeek! X

I had bleeding from my bum when i went for a poo - sorry if it's tmi :blush:
went to the docs who said it's likely to be piles, caused my the extra weight from uterus pressing down and causing them. Although i wasn't in any discomfort he prescribed saposotories (sorry about spelling) and the bleeding stopped.
If it doesn't get any better then go and see your GP, your not the only one suffering. lol. :blush:

Hi, if you have internal piles (as I do) then the creams just won't cut it. You need to get the suppositories. Anusol is the brand my doctor recommended as being safe in pregnancy. It's basically a little tablet that you insert after you have a poo. It will dissolve and shrink the piles to make things more comfortable for you.

Hope you geel better soon xx

Internal piles must be treated internally, external piles will respond to creams/pads/etc.

If you have pain on the outside, I recommend witch hazel pads -- actually it's a good idea to stock up now anyway, since they're nice to have after the birth for the pain as well.

I didn't realise about suppositories but that makes sense! I guess I'll have a bash. What an awful thing for us preggos to deal with. As if we're not uncomfortable enuff! Xx

omg, this was an absolute nightmare for me with my last pregnancy! i had both internal and external at the same time and ive never been in so much pain and discomfort in all my life, would rather have been giving birth!!

ive suffered on and off with them since my first pregnancy, and tried everything, doctors gave me suppositries which did help a little, but when i got the bad dose, i started using witch hazel, and its magis stuff!!!!
although not sure if this helps internal ones!

but as i still very occasionally suffer with them, the first sign of them i fold up a bit of tissue, and put witch hazel on it then stick it on my piles( sorry sorry TMI) i leave it there till i go back to the loo obviosly and keep doing the same!

works a treat!!!
the suppositries will help the inner ones, but i would speak to your doc as being pregnant im not sure if you can use them or not.

I feel you pain!!!

I am a sufferer too, but even before I was pregnant! lol
My tips: do not take warm bath! (It does not help the swelling). also make sure you're drinking over 2L of water a day - a challenge but it can help to be well-hydrated.

Suppositories are good for internal ones but if you have someone to do it for you... ask them. It's gross but it saves a lot of pain.

I feel your pain too - good luck ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->