A dumb question - but I don't know...need your thoughts.

AppleSeed

TTC #1 Since July 2008
Reaction score
So - having a :witch: doesn't automatically mean that you ovulated that cycle?

Its very possible to have AF and not ovulate during your cycle.

Yeah, it's possible. It would be called an annovulatory cycle. I dont understand how, but it happens =(.

Yes, Period does not mean Ovulation, you would need to chart or check cervical position or use OPKs or all three to know you ovulated. Good luck on your joyrney.

Correct. If you don't ovulate - which dictates when AF will come, your body gets to a point and sheds the lining anyway because it becomes to thick and heavy. :)

Ahhhh, I didnt know that either.
So if ov hasnt occured that cycle, would the lining have 2 get 2 a point where it sheds anyway, and it that case would that mean af would b slightly later than usual if it didnt have ov 2 start it off?
does this make ANY sense?!! haha! I know wat i mean but not v good at putting it in2 words!!
xx

You'd think so... but I'm not sure that's how it works. It does for people with PCOS - according to my consultant, the reason with PCOS cycles are longer is because we don't ovulate.. but I'm not sure otherwise...

even a positive opk still dont mean u defo relise the egg!! and if u didnt O one mth the bleedin is old blood of ur lining,sometime like this....this aint a dumb Q i didnt know till i went for cd21 tests!! thank god everything was ok :) probaley chartin wud sure u the best as ur temp rises after O

thanx! wat are cd 21 tests? xx

it is a blood test with looks at the hormone levels at day 21 of your cycle it looks for progesterone which is only present in your blood post ovulation.

well uknow i got told from a blood test i ad for sumat eles that i ad low estrogen, this is why i ended avin cd21 done and they were grt!! aving am done again this mth cos i av weird everyother mth 38day cycles instead of my usuall 30days x

Some people say that if you have regular AF with period pain on CD1, then it is likely you have ovulated.

This is because the progesterone (which is high after ovulation) is responsible for the pain.

I doubt the rule is 100% perfect though and agree with all the other girlies comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->