A few concerns...

T

TashaAndBump

Not sure if this is the right section to post this in... Couldn't think of anywhere more appropriate? When we had my first daughter, she was very ill with Staphylococcus Aureus (an infection) in her blood... She caught it when she was inside me, and I know from swabs etc that I carry it (the bacteria harmlessly (harmless to me, anyway!) colonises in my girly bits...).

Will they do anything when I get pregnant to prevent this from happening again??

I don't think that I could go through the whole special care experience again... It's almost offputting from TTC because the idea of having another baby as ill as Anna was is so scary... :shrug:

Blah :cry:

I'm sorry your feel blue about TTC :hugs: could you talk to you doctor about preventive methods you can take to prevent it from happening again?

Probably the wisest move isn't it? I'm also concerned that he might judge me for TTC because of my age... I know silly isn't it?

It shouldn't matter, I know... but I'm also worried that when I get pregnant people will just think I'm the silly bint who had two accidental pregnancies within 2 years (they won't stop to think maybe this one was planned)...

I have all these concerns - I know hubby and I both really want another child, and that's all that should matter.. but I have all these 'superficial' worries and they are sort of spoiling my experience of making my family!!

I'll probably feel better tomorrow - I'm (INCREDIBLY) hormonal at the moment... But the staph worry is very real and warrented so I guess I should make an appointment at the doctors... It's most likely the only way I will ever relax and enjoy my pregnancy when it does happen :D

Thanks

If you want to have a baby, thats no one elses business no matter what age you are..

I agree it's no ones place to judge u, but I know it happens. I worry sometimes too. Did Anna have the infection during the whole pregnancy or only catch it when u went into labor? If it was during labor maybe u could think about having a c section to avoid exposure to it? Or perhaps there are antibiotics that can be given like with group b strep?

I know how you feel.:( I get looks constantly from people, but in reality it's nobodys business to judge!
I can only empathize with how difficult it would be to have one of your babies needing special care, I agree with luckyme there should be things you could do to prevent this from happening again?

Yeah go and talk to your doc hun and see if there's things they can do to prevent it. And as long as your happy then try to ignore others' judgement although i know that's easier said than done xx

Thanks everyone... Feeling a little better now, Don't know what I'd do without you! :hugs: ...although I'm still very worried about the staph thing, so going to make an appointment with the doctos asap.

Did Anna have the infection during the whole pregnancy or only catch it when u went into labor? If it was during labor maybe u could think about having a c section to avoid exposure to it? Or perhaps there are antibiotics that can be given like with group b strep?

We can't be certain but the doctors said she most likely caught inside me (during the pregnancy) because of how ill she was when she arrived (stunted growth from 34 weeks, not breathing, very serious infection etc) so I don't think that antibiotics during labour would help? Argh I must surely be able to have another baby without making it ill??

Nothing really to do but go to the doctors I guess!

Thanks everyone x

ther must be someting they can do hun evn if its scanning u evry so often to check bubs and if they see anything wrong to deliver early ...good luck sweets xxx

I don't want to be invasive but how old are you? You don't have to answer me if you don't want to. I will tell you I will be most likely TTC #1 shortly before I turn 34. So I think you are as old as you feel. I feel young still and most people that know me think I am in my mid 20's. I think there are a lot of advantages to having a child older in life.

I don't want to be invasive but how old are you? You don't have to answer me if you don't want to. I will tell you I will be most likely TTC #1 shortly before I turn 34. So I think you are as old as you feel. I feel young still and most people that know me think I am in my mid 20's. I think there are a lot of advantages to having a child older in life.

Why do you ask?

[edit: I don't mean to sound tetchy or defensive, but due to personal experience the question 'how old are you?' does seem a little invasive - because it is often followed with criticism and uncalled for judgement. For this reason I'd like to request to know why you'd like to know how old I am before answering you, because in the past I have answered without thinking anything of it, only to be attacked based on my answer. Hope you don't mind me asking why you asked.]

I was just wondering because you said something about your doctor saying that you were too old to TTC. I won't judge you because I am no spring chicken either. I am already 33 and won't be TTC until I am almost 34 and it will be my first child. As I said if you don't want to answer me you don't have to. It actually makes me happy when I find people on the boards who are TTC around my age because I find it hard to relate to the 20 somethings on here.

I was just wondering because you said something about your doctor saying that you were too old to TTC. I won't judge you because I am no spring chicken either. I am already 33 and won't be TTC until I am almost 34 and it will be my first child. As I said if you don't want to answer me you don't have to. It actually makes me happy when I find people on the boards who are TTC around my age because I find it hard to relate to the 20 somethings on here.

LOL sorry you've misunderstood me - I didn't mean too old - I meant too young!

But to address your concerns, I don't think there is a 'too old' to have kids (unless you're some 70-something using IVF...) My mother had her last child at 44, and the way I see it is, if you were too old to have a baby then you're body wouldn't allow you to get pregnant in the first place. My mum worried for ages about what other people thought of her and about whether she was 'too old' but she now knows that she is just as good as any other mum, and she believes that if she was too old then she would not have had such a perfect pregnancy, birth and baby!

I'm sorry to hear that you find it hard to relate to us young'uns... Maybe you could start a thread "calling all 30+ers!"? lol

I hope you make some good friends here either way (regardless of age) - there are some brilliant and beautiful folk around these boards - I hope you find them :hugs:

just wanted to know, did u go for the appointment and how did it go?

No I haven't been yet... I try to avoid my doctors surgery like the plague at the minute! lol But I am slowly collecting up a number of ailments and concerns and will go when the whole lot are big and debilitating enough to warrant a visit! :dohh: lol

aah rightyo well elt me kno when u do k, if u need sum 1 to be there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->