A few odds and ends

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
I've spent so much time worrying about this baby that it hasn't really hit me yet that I'm having one.

Last night before I fell asleep I started thinking about the fact that my husband and I only have five more months as just "us" together. Don't get me wrong, we both wanted this baby so bad and we tried very hard to get her on her way, but a part of me felt sad, scared, nervous.

We're celebrating our 8 years together (4 years married) in June and it'll be our last anniversary just the two of us. A part of me thinks we should get away for one night on holiday but another part of me can't justify spending money on a hotel when that money could go to the nursery/baby things. (Stuff I'd much rather spend it on :haha:) But I feel like we should do something romantic for our last spent as just us two.
I've asked him to get me a necklace or earrings of the baby's birthstone for our anniversary. :cloud9:

For father's day I want to get him a little something but I just don't know what. For mother's day he got me a card from the baby that was very sweet. I didn't expect much if anything so while I want to give him a little gesture I don't want to go all out either. I'll probably just make him a cute father's handbook or write about how excited I am to watch him be a father.

Are any of you firsttimers feeling nervous about the idea that you'll be parents soon? I felt guilty feeling this way, is it normal? How can I possibly prepare?

Lots of love and best of luck,
Hollie :hugs:

It hasn't sunk in for me yet. I'm always worrying about money, but hasn't occurred to me yet how much our lives are going to change :wacko:

It hasn't sunk in for me yet. I'm always worrying about money, but hasn't occurred to me yet how much our lives are going to change :wacko:

I know! My husband and I are so used to just being able to go out whenever we want, not to mention taking naps or sleeping in when we need it.

I feel like I'm spending so much time worrying that I'm not spending any time at all preparing and learning how to be a parent. I know most of that will come naturally when she's here but I still want to read up on things ya know? :wacko:

I'll definitely miss all the sleep!! Hoping the books will help, but I know nothing on this earth will prepare us properly. It's all a positive learning experience though : D

Aww I know what you mean. As much as we are happy at becoming a threesome I will definitely miss it just being the two of us. It's the silly things I'll miss, like just going to bed and having a cuddle in the middle of the afternoon because we are both off work, or eating at whatever time we want because we have no reason for a routine. I think it's just accepting the change that is to come but when you are so used to things how you've done them for years a change seems scary.

I know it will all be worth it once a different routine is established but right now I do feel like I'll miss how we are. x

Aww I know what you mean. As much as we are happy at becoming a threesome I will definitely miss it just being the two of us. It's the silly things I'll miss, like just going to bed and having a cuddle in the middle of the afternoon because we are both off work, or eating at whatever time we want because we have no reason for a routine. I think it's just accepting the change that is to come but when you are so used to things how you've done them for years a change seems scary.

I know it will all be worth it once a different routine is established but right now I do feel like I'll miss how we are. x

THANK YOU so much for writing this. It seems like we are alike as couples, those are the things I thought of that I'd miss. It's not that we don't want our baby, we are so so so excited, but it's going to be an adjustment and I know it'll be hard, joyful and amazing, but hard.

I think it's important to realize this now and not later on when the baby is already here. :flower:

I can definitely relate. I think about this every time DH and I take a nap together or sleep in on the weekend. We went and tested out some travel systems last night, which made it feel a bit more real, but I'm still in a bit of shock about it all really.

As for father's day, I bought DH a little onesie from his alma mater (University of Michigan). Can't wait to give it to him!

I can definitely relate. I think about this every time DH and I take a nap together or sleep in on the weekend. We went and tested out some travel systems last night, which made it feel a bit more real, but I'm still in a bit of shock about it all really.

As for father's day, I bought DH a little onesie from his alma mater (University of Michigan). Can't wait to give it to him!

That's so cute! Maybe I'll get a little onsie that says something about daddy on it. :)

It still hasn't hit me completely either. I feel like I still have my guard up and I'm still afraid of the "what ifs" in the future. I just want everything to go well. but for a split second last night I was like, "wait a minute...you're pregnant and due in less than five months...are you going to be a good mother? Aee you ready to give up the life you live now?"

It was weird! I'm glad I'm not the only one. We couldn't be happier about our baby though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->