• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

A few problems I'd LOVE advice on.....

Dolly.

Mummy & pregnant
Reaction score
First problem
- LO is increasingly using breastfeeds as a way to go to sleep. If I'm lucky he may drift off by himself, but only occasionally. I'd love to be able to put him sleepy in his cot but he just criiiiiies. I can tell when he's tired (he gets red eyes that he rubs and his eyelids drop) so I try to catch him before he is over tired but no.....

Second problem
- He will not have a bottle. I want to stop bf at 6 months so trying to ease him into bottles/beakers gradually. I've tried different bottles ad teats and beakers etc but he hates them. I dread trying it now as he gets upset. Its not a milk issue as he wont take my milk in it......do I just keep trying?

Third problem
- He usually spends from 2/3 am till 7am in our bed as he wakes up then for a feed and rarely goes back to sleep in his cot. I just don't want it to become a bad habit but a screamingbaby at 3 in the morning is difficult as my husband never goes to him i do

Third problem is one that I have too. Any answers appreciated xx

I don't know about 1 and 2 though xx

This may well be an unpopular opinion but I think all 3 are normal baby behaviour, and IMHO they will get better by themselves when your LO develops, as long as you keep giving him the opportunity to try and settle from awake, and offer a bottle or cup (have you tried a Doidy cup?) regularly. Some babies just won't take bottles though, as a baby I never did.

I had all the same problems (but I didn't really see them as problems at the time). It is only now that I am doing something about it as I will be going back to work in 5 weeks and think he needs more of a routine :cry:

He still won't take a bottle from me but will from other people if they persevere.

I am using the baby sleep system. The book is £10 and it gives you membership to a forum where a sleep expert can help you with problems.

Your LO is still quite young and I don't agree with some of the methods for under 6 month olds but it may be worth having a look to see if it is what you would feel comfortable with x

I feed Gabriel to sleep and don't see it as a problem.
He used to come into bed with me around 3 am as well. I did this for my convenience because I was tired of getting out of bed so many times a night, so my compromise was feed him put him back in his crib for the first half of the night, my bed the second half. As he got older he's finally sleeping longer, so he's in his crib all night. If he wakes between 6/7 I'll take him into bed with me to feed him before getting up for the day. So didn't need to do anything about that.
He's never had a problem with taking a bottle.

As for bottles. I've tried getting Bella to take a bottle since she was 2 months old. She's 6 1/2 months now and still refuses a bottle. She screams anytime one comes close to her mouth. We've tried 6-7 different bottles, different nipples, different flow of nipples...I've tried having others feed her the bottle when I'm not in the house and she won't take it. We've tried sippy cups too but she won't take those either yet, just bites on them.

She will drink from a normal drinking cup. We have to hold it and help her, it's a bit messy but she will drink from it.

It's normal for babies to cluster feed more at night.

hiya, my lo is 8wks and never seems to sleep well in the day:dohh: its annoying as i cant seem to get anything done:nope: she bf then falls asleep cluster feeds of an eve just like now :haha: but goes down about 11- midnight and hopefully sleeps till 6-7am :winkwink:

iv'e recently just tried introducing bottles too, but she's not keen:nope: but i just got some diff bottles again lol mam one's this time and she doesn't seem to mind them as much:thumbup: the teats are softer much better. she still isn't that keen as yet lol but i guess keep trying and she will improve :happydance: she's much better already:happydance: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"