A few questions about new baby..

i gave Zane a dummy when he was a day old. i didnt plan on using a dummy but when my boobs needed a break n to stop him crying thats what worked

I gave in and Amelia had a dummy at around 10days old, i wish i hadn't thought because it caused us weeks and weeks of problems with breastfeeding. All is ok now and completely painless with the next one i am going to try and hold off for as long as poss.

With the nappy we used to fold it underneath so there was more air around to dry it out, the only thing we were told was to keep it dry.

My hv said not to use dummy's cause of cot death.. although I had no intention of using them and Tom doesn't like them anyway so guess it's down to personal choice

Are you sure she said to NOT use them cause of cot death? Cause it has been proven that it helps reduce the risk of cot death? I think your Health Visitor is wrong??

Yeah i did hear they do reduce cotdeath not make the risk worse.

I guess everyone is different then and ill just have to do what i feel is best and what works and what doesnt! MW is coming today so will ask her about the dummy aswell and see. If i can get him to fall asleep without it then of corse i will :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->