• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

A few questions..

lauren-kate

Reaction score
Hello, I think this is my first post in this part of the forum :flower:

Elise is 5 days old now. She seems to have a preference for the left breast.. she will feed from both, but seems to unlatch herself from the right one quite a lot. The right one also seems to get fuller more often - not sure if this is because Elise doesn't feed from it as well? I'm having to express some of the excess from the right one as there's just so much milk! I had this with my son too (He was exclusively express fed at the beginning and I was producing a LOT of milk).

Is there a reason why she would prefer one breast over the other?

I don't know why but Lyra preferred the right until a couple of weeks ago but now she doesn't seem to mind. I think a lot of babies have a preference xx

It could be that the flow is too quick from the right perhaps, try expressing a bit first then offering it to LO. I think all babies have a favourite boob though.

I think it might be the flow in the right one... Might be too fast for her.. I had a similar issue xx

My LO was the same. A left lover and right hater. Would also get more wind on the right, so I changed to rugby ball hold on right so she was the same way round if you know what I mean? For me left always had more milk, so a slightly different problem there, but I think it was responding to supply and demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"