A Few Revelations From My Mini Break With Hubby

Armywife

Mummy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Ok so hubby and i go to the lakes for a mini break, i was all excited thinking i'm going to be able to give hubby some of the good loving that the poor man has been missing for a good while :blush: (we do it most nights but its usually routine and not how it was pre pregnancy). I bought some gorgeous undies and had a wax etc...only to spend the first night in AGONY with heartburn and indegestion after our meal out followed by the second night in pain with SPD and constipation and not feeling at all sexy! The poor man spent the night on his own while i sat on the toilet and cried in pain :blush:!

The second day we went for a small easy walk but i found that i could only do 10 minutes before i was totally out of breath and had to have a rest for an equal length of time. I felt like an old woman! I also learned that when i am having a 'good' day with my SPD any form of exercise will come and bite me (literally) in the arse come night time, i thought i was going to be physicall sick with the pain that night :cry: .

On the way home today we stopped at a retail park to look in Mamas & Papas, Nursery World and Babies R Us. I suddenly realised how hard it is to buy baby stuff! Pram sheets , not just pram sheets...fitted? Flat? Jersey? Terry towelling? Cotton? Egyptian Cotton? Baby bath, not just a baby bath...Plastic baby bath? Baby bath to put in big bath? Bath support? Folding baby bath? Folding bath support? :hissy: I called my mum and burst into tears i was so confused and i have no idea how i am going to sort myself out! We are so disorganised and i don't know where to start :cry:!

So all in all we had a lovely, relaxing break! :rofl:

Awww honey its so tough being pregnant! Heartburn is killing me right now.

with the sheets go for fitted.... everything you can buy thats fitted go for it saves time and effort when changing sheets :D

Armywife, I am sorry you didnt have the fun you expected on your mini break. The good thing is that at least you went away and your OH was understanding. Being pregnant is so unpredictable and you might think you will have fun but end up getting all hormonal. The physical aspect as well is a hindrance, especially SPD which is awful. This morning tmi my OH and I were at it and it took a while to actually find a position that would not make my SPD too bad. I guess we saw the fun side of it as we were both rofl at the fact that he had to help me to literally do everything as I couldnt do it myself because of wretched SPD. So dont worry about it hun, it will be over soon and at least there is something gorgeous causing all this aggravation to wait for....

About buying things for bubs, dont stress yourself over it. As one of the girls said just get things that will make life easier for yourself e.g. because of your SPD you might have to think of getting a bath that ensures that you dont bend too much etc. Just think how it would be to use in practice and I am sure you will be ok.

All the best xx

:hugs: I'm with you with the SPD aspect hun, it is no fun at all :hugs:

Why when you get the chance of a break, do things have to go so wrong :(

Try shopping another day when you don't feel maybe that everything is going wrong or is against you, and as said look at whats right for you.....

Sorry your break didn't go as planned :hugs: x

awwww I can totally relate...I try to plan these "special" nights where we can make love, only to have it always be interrupted by some massive heartburn or indigestion. The first trimester was even worse, my hormones were making me want sex all the time, unfortunately I was throwing up 7 times a day....so even when I wanted it, my OH would pretty much be spent and grossed out from holding my hair back so much! I would eventually just lock the door to the bathroom so he wouldn't come try to help, I think it ruined any sexual desires for him for the rest of the night! Timing certainly hasn't been good, I just hope after the pregnancy we can get some of that spark back!

Oh hon!!! What a pain, you poor thing.

I'm sure hubby doesn't mind. You can't help these things (he did it to you anyway, the git!).

And god, baby stuff is confusing. I haven't really been into any shop shops yet (as there aren't many here) but looking online is confusing enough. I have just given up for now :)

Big :hug: to you honey, you'll perk up again soon
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww hun..... :hug:
So sorry it didn't go exactly to plan!!!

And don't get me started on baby shopping - CONFUSING!!!

:hugs: sounds like something that would happen to me - I go away in two weeks for the weekend and am planning the same cos I haven't been a very good wife in the bedroom dept. lately!!

With regard to the baby baths I was reading the best and worst buys thread and most people seem to think they are a waste of money, someone recommended a sponge bath support to me so I might try one. It is soooo confusing isn't it?!

Aww hun, Im so sorry things did not to plan but your DH will understand, as for shopping go with what will make things easiest for you, its hard deciding and all very confusing but you do get there in the end, take care :hugs: Xx

Thanks so much ladies, i feel better knowing its not just me! I have realised just how great and understanding our OH's can be. The poor things! I do have those moments when i can barely cope with myself so god knows how he manages with me! It does get ridiculous in the bedroom department when hubby has to do everything for me - even down to bending my knees for me when i just can't do it myself :blush: :rofl:. The only thing you can do is laugh i guess!

I went to see my next door neighbour today, her little girl Emmie (name suggestion maybe???) is 7 months old so she had some great suggestions as to what she bought that was a waste of time and money and what has been a God send. She's written me a little list and i feel much better now! I could ask my mum but its so different now to how it was back when she had babies! (Sorry mum!) :hugs:

Thanks again x x x :hug:

Seriously....you have sex most nights??? OH MY. My poor OH...I'm just too tired...I've promised him for the last 4 days...but then I just don't put out! LOL...I said good friday...that's our day (told him I'd given it up for lent!..lol).
I'm sure he understands...but it sucks when things don't go the way you expected! :hugs:

Seriously....you have sex most nights??? OH MY. My poor OH...I'm just too tired...I've promised him for the last 4 days...but then I just don't put out! LOL...I said good friday...that's our day (told him I'd given it up for lent!..lol).
I'm sure he understands...but it sucks when things don't go the way you expected! :hugs:

:rofl::rofl: Yeah i think he knows he's quite lucky! We're down to one managable position and very little else though! It's a bit of a shock to the system for him as we've always been quite energetic :blush: but now as i said before he even has to bend my legs for me! :rofl: Poor men!!! I love the lent idea though! Thats hilarious! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->