a funny turn - eeks!!!!!!

diz

Reaction score
Hello every one.... i've been mulling this one over for a few days now, and am still non the wiser, so thought i would ask to see if this has happened to any one else, or any one might have any suggestions.

On Thursday morning i got up and went to work as normal. I arrived at 8 (as normal) and by 8.30 started to have mild period pains. These persisted for an hour and by 9.30 they stared to worsen with a constant crap like feeling and occasional tightening in my uterus area.

I called the midwife who suggested i leave work and come to the community hospital where she could take a look at me.

I called my OH who works down the road from me and told him what was going on and that he needed to come and get me ( we drive into work together... he had the car). By 8.40 i started to feel uncomfortable and was relived when the OH picked me up 5 mins later. The drive home takes a good 45 mins and by the time we reached the midwife i was in pain and it felt like i was having contractions.

My midwife suggested i get tho the hospital and told my OH that she would call the labour ward to let them know we were on our way.

I got back in the car and we proceeded to dive the 20 minuets to the hospital. During the car journey i experienced some extreme discomfort and the contraction like feeling were lasting for 40 seconds and were a couple of minuets apart. I knew I had not lost my mucus plug, and knew that my waters had not broken, so knew i was not in labour, but i was concerned for my baby and during some points honestly thought i would deliver my child (at 19 weeks and two days....not good!)

When i got to hospital the craps started to subside. I got taken to the labour ward, who instantly re-admitted me to the gynecology ward. By the time i reached that unit the cramps were almost gone and i just had a constant mlld period like pain.

The nurse took my blood pressure - which was fine.
Took a urine sample - which was fine.
Listened to the babies heartbeat - which was fine.
And the Dr looked at my cervix which was also fine.

All in al the pains lasted 3 hours, with a subsequent two hours spent in the hospital under observation.

No one had a clue what had happened to me, and i am just as flummoxed.

The Dr said i might have experienced some stretching of the round ligaments. ..... ???????

the only feeling i can compare it two what when i had my miscarriage last year. I was 9 weeks and just before i passed a fist sized clot i felt very painful contractions like the ones i experienced on Thursday.

Thankfully i am fine, and have not experienced any repeats of that day!!!!! My uterus was tender for the next 24 hours or so but apart from that - right as rain!!!!

Any thoughts...????

Hi hun, Sorry i have no idea. Im glad you are feeling a little better though. I hope the pain doesn't happen again for you xxx

Thanks. Luckily i've had no more strangeness..... all seems normal!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->