A good book!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Well Im off to spain on saturday, and I enjoy reading and I figured beings I have some time off and away from distractions (eg bnb) although mil has net :rofl: I would like to get a good book to read...

I want one which will help my self esteem etc, one to lighten my spirits... might be asking to much but does anyone know a good one to read??

thanks

i read a book that i just couldnt put down it was called remember me by sophie kinsella was the best book id read in ages. It caught me from the start i really reccomend it!!

At the minute I'm lovin the Twilight books but they seem to be a bit like marmite!

Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

x

i read a book that i just couldnt put down it was called remember me by sophie kinsella was the best book id read in ages. It caught me from the start i really reccomend it!!

isn't she the one who wrote the "Confessions of a Shopaholic" series? I only read the "Shopaholic and Baby" one, but it was great! It had a blurb from "Remember Me" at the end of it, looked really interesting!

If you can, try looking up "Anatomy of the Spirit" by Dr Caroline Myss. It was a great read and kind of gets you to look inwards for things. A friend bought it for me while I was recovering from a surgery and it was great!

Janet Street Porter "life's too F**king short" Is quite uplifting and funny. Can't beat a bit of Marian Keyes for nice girly reading too, but stay away from this charming man, it's quite dark xx

Cheers ladies... Im going to go to whsmiths and have a look...

ive never read the shopaholic series although loads of ppl have recommended them!

Tyff is that book hard to read..? My concentration levels are really at an all time low at the moment... the title sounds as though it would be quite hard to follow?!?

ive never read the shopaholic series although loads of ppl have recommended them!

Tyff is that book hard to read..? My concentration levels are really at an all time low at the moment... the title sounds as though it would be quite hard to follow?!?

try the katie price books! start with angel 1st..... i was hooked on angel and dint want to put it down!

i also recommend the shopaholic series by sophie kinsella. also i read one called paradise room by belinda jones which i enjoyed.

try the katie price books! start with angel 1st..... i was hooked on angel and dint want to put it down!

Ive tried reading them... and I hated them..!! Was like reading a kids book to me :rofl: gave it to my sis and she loved it though!! :)

I would also recommend the "Shopaholic" series or somthing by Marian Keyes (look for ones about women with the surname Walsh - they're my favourites!)

Yes! :)

I would also recommend The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. Lovely, light reads - lots of fun.

Definately anything by Sophie Kinsella, they were all fantastic! Also Adele Parks is another great writer x
Have a good holiday x

Yep another sophie kinsella fan here!!
The shopaholic series is brill but her other, ones 'remember me' and 'can you keep a secret' is very funny!!!!

Umm i'l get back to you x

Ive tried reading them... and I hated them..!! Was like reading a kids book to me :rofl: gave it to my sis and she loved it though!! :)

i LOVE reading and i must say i agree with you saying they sounded young, i thought they sounded really common... the kind of wording/writing/speech you would expect from the shameless show type people :rofl: kerry katonas books were more so like that too! doesn't stop me from buying them though :rofl:

xXx

Yes! :)

I would also recommend The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency series by Alexander McCall Smith. Lovely, light reads - lots of fun.

i had this book and swapped it on a book swap site i use :o

didn't look any book, wish i would have kept it now :(

xXx

not sure if you like chic lit/light reads your original post made me think of self help books :rotfl: i am a chic lit whore :rofl: i have looooads of books! if you want any of the s.k books i could lend you some (haven't got them all)? i haven't read them yet... but there no rush on reading them at all if you want toborrow them foryour hols, would save you some money! if you want to lend i can send them to you if you pm me your address, i can sendthem off tomorow.

also... jane fellon/fallon (forget whather name is, heard she's ricky gervais wife?) 'forgetting mathew' fab fab fab! i loved it, and alot of people i know who like chic lit reads liked it too.

surprised nobody has mentioned cecelia ahren (SP?) i liked if you could see me now, was hard to get into a first so confusing i was like whaaat? then when i got past first few pages it was fun. ps. i love you, is as you are proballyaware a bit of a weepy but is super super feel good and makes you really appreciate people!

also, nicolas sparks ('the notebook' writer... which is an effing fab film!) has many books, all fab, all give you them warm tummy tickles.

also 'ex boyfriends handbook' by matt somebody or other omfg. did i lol at that book! it was so peep showesque (ch 4 tv series) was hilarious!!

so sorry i forgot names/spellings i have and have read so many books that remember all namesis hard work! :lol: or mebbe it's just the infamous preg brain :p

xXx

arrr thats really sweet of you hun.. although Im guessing Ill prob only be able to read one book... if that!!

I remember going on holiday when I was younger and pack like 10 books... oh i would read them all...!! :) but gone are those days with a little miss :rofl:

arrr thats really sweet of you hun.. although Im guessing Ill prob only be able to read one book... if that!!

I remember going on holiday when I was younger and pack like 10 books... oh i would read them all...!! :) but gone are those days with a little miss :rofl:

if you would like to lendthem to read in your own time reguardless of hol, that's fine, not a problem! :D

reading and kids don't happen at all. i've been reading several books in last few months in bed (only chance i had of reading before this horrid spd/pgp now baby spends most of time with my grandparents) and not fin any as they keep fallng behind bed side cabinets!! :o :lol:

books are so bloody expensive, thankgodfor tescos!! :rofl:

xXx

if you would like to lendthem to read in your own time reguardless of hol, that's fine, not a problem! :D

reading and kids don't happen at all. i've been reading several books in last few months in bed (only chance i had of reading before this horrid spd/pgp now baby spends most of time with my grandparents) and not fin any as they keep fallng behind bed side cabinets!! :o :lol:

books are so bloody expensive, thankgodfor tescos!! :rofl:

xXx

oh yes.... and ebay :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back