A horrible pain...

Sazzoire

Reaction score
Last night when I went to bed... I had a horrible achey pain down my left hand side, between my ribs and hip..it felt like I had been hit with a cricket bat! it was so painful that it took my breath away. I managed to get to sleep. I woke up at 2am for my usual toilet trip and the pain was soo much worse, especially when I was standing up in the bathroom... I even felt a little light headed. I considered briefly going to a&e but thought that at that time of the morning, they wouldn't do much. Again, I managed to get back to sleep and when I woke up this morning, all is fine again. No pain, no discomfort.

Should I be worried? Are these normal 'growing' pains? I have treid to call my midwife a couple of times today but have been unable to get through. I haven't had any spotting and no pain since...

What do you think?

maybe you lay funny hun? could be that mixed with streching and growing, i had some sharp pains around 14-16 weeks but none since

xx

Does sound a bit like stretching pains to me. Has it gone now?

thanks ladies - yes, it has gone now... was just really weird as it was just on one side.... and right at the side of my body.... not near the front or anything... I'm sure your right, just stretching pains

xx

It could well be stretching pains / lie of baby.

I had this on Monday only it wal right side and was worse when I stood up.
I'd gone to drs for something else so mentioned it to him, he had a check to rule out appendicitis & said it felt ok.

Said if it didn't get any better to drop off wee sample to rule out infection.

I'd say if its now gone it stretching pain.

It was probably a really sharp gas pain... bubbles get trapped in the weirdest places when we get pregnant and they hurt more with less room. I've had some gas pains so bad I really thought I may have to go to the hospital.

It's happened to me a couple times, also in bed, and usually when I was switching positions. It was a real sudden, really horrific spasm of pain...it went away after several minutes and I think it really was ligaments or muscles doing a wonky thing for a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"