A lb a week for 7 wks starting today :-)

threebirds

Reaction score
Hi

Ive set myself a goal I think is achieveable.
Im 5ft 5" and 13 st. Id like to lose half a stone by Christmas or a lb a week over the next seven wks. Im going to weigh in every Sunday.
Last weigh in will be Sunday 23 Dec. I will update every Sunday night.
I will be using My Fitness Pal (name: puffin2nuffin). I am on 1200 cals a day, but I can get back cals frm exercise - using this method earlier this yr I lost a st. I know it wont be 1200 every day but thats what I want to average over the week. This is about 300 cals for breakfast, 400 cals for lunch & 500 cals for dinner. Breakfast is porridge ir fruit, lunch is usually soup & dinner varies (but lots of veg). If I snack then I need to do more exercise :)

Im LTTTC and on waiting list for IVF/ICSI so thats also my motivation.
Feel free to join me :)

Threebirds (MFP: puffin2nuffin)
Starting weight (4 Nov) 13 st (182lb)
11 Nov 182lb (0 loss). 18 Nov 180lb (2lb loss)

MrsP14 (MFP: mrsp14)
Starting weight (5 Nov) 219lb

Amethyst77 (MFP: amethyst77)

Dylis (MFP: Dylis007)

Pink Sarah (MFP: pinksarah1983)

KRobbo (MFP: OblasMummy)

Sarahandalan (MFP: sarahgovan)

I will be here to spur you on ,Im doing weight watchers myself and want four pounds off this week then two pound a week till Xmas :thumbup:Good luck sweetie you can do it :thumbup::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh thank you Bmom, great to have support!!!
Good lyck with your weight loss - you are fab!
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I am here supporting you too and trying to shift some weight before Christmas...
xx

If anyone wants their stats posted at the top of the page let me know :)
Great to have yiz on board :)
If either of you are on My Fitness Pal look me up.
So far today Ive been good!
Breakfast: Porridge
Lunch: Pitta, humus & salads
Dinner will be fish, boiled potatos & salad.
Had 3 short walks - two of which were just over a mile & narrowly missed being out in a thunder & lightening storm.

xxxx

Count me in threebirds I've been trying to lose 10 lb for over a year. I think i do enough exercise but eat a lot of rubbish so hoping by sharing I will cut it out and win that way... Just been to set up my fitness pal and apparently I've already got an account:blush:

I've been really good just a smoothie for breakfast and soup for lunch and dinner and a 31/2 mile walk , Threebirds your food sounds lovely , good luck Dylis ❤

I'll try and set up myfitnesspal....
I am starting tomorrow, with Zumba at 7:30pm and healthy lunch packed ready for work....

I'm in.. I want to lose at least a pound a week!! I'll weigh once the kids are in bed and post my stats then :)

Have added you as a friend threebirds :) my username on myfitnesspal is same as here xx

I'm also on mfp but can't add as I'm on my phone. I'm mrsp14 same as here x

Welcome Dylis & mrsp14 :wave:

Good luck everyone - lets keep each other motivated:)

:hugs:

good luck.... my diet started today too....I'm calorie counting on MFP

x

Thanks MrsRH & good luck to you too :thumbup:
How much are you hoping to lose?

Weighed myself this morning.. 219 pounds :-( so I've gained 2lbs in 2 weeks... So that's it now... No more snickers and lots of healthiness :)
GL everyone xxx

Hi girls! Have room for one more?:flower:

I have no idea how much weight I am trying to lose, but one pound a week sounds doable; I figure I'll see how I feel each week for now.:thumbup:

I've tried Weight Watchers, but the damned thing only gave me 19 points and that's not enough food...I can't even graze in my front yard for that.:haha:

Slimming World appeals to me and I have the books, but it's been a little difficult bc I am too lazy to convert the measurments for my American brain.

So, for now I'm just going to make small changes and better food choices. And I am totally open to suggestions!

Good luck ladies!:winkwink:

I'm hoping to do better today had extra 232 cals yesterday:blush: think that bounty tipped me over limit.. Spinning class tonight so will pedal faster

Hi everyone :wave:

Weighed myself this morning.. 219 pounds :-( so I've gained 2lbs in 2 weeks... So that's it now... No more snickers and lots of healthiness :)
GL everyone xxx

Hi MrsP14 Ive added your starting weight to the first page. Now we're all in this together we have to support each other :) avoiding the snacks is my weakness too - so if you know you are going to cave in best to have healthy snacks on hand. Lets get healthy :) :thumbup:

Hi girls! Have room for one more?:flower:

I have no idea how much weight I am trying to lose, but one pound a week sounds doable; I figure I'll see how I feel each week for now.:thumbup:

I've tried Weight Watchers, but the damned thing only gave me 19 points and that's not enough food...I can't even graze in my front yard for that.:haha:

Slimming World appeals to me and I have the books, but it's been a little difficult bc I am too lazy to convert the measurments for my American brain.

So, for now I'm just going to make small changes and better food choices. And I am totally open to suggestions!

Good luck ladies!:winkwink:

Welcome onboard :hugs:
We should all be able to manage a lb a wk if we stick to it and share our sugestions. Are you on My Fitness Pal - its a good way of recording everything you eat & your exercise but you can also look at friend's daily diaries to see what they are eating & how many cals - can get good ideas that way. My name in My Fitness Pal is puffin2nuffin.

Good luck!!

I'm hoping to do better today had extra 232 cals yesterday:blush: think that bounty tipped me over limit.. Spinning class tonight so will pedal faster

Hi Dylis - spinning classes sound great!
I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to find my own ways of keeping fit. Ive just had a snack bar and ok it was a healthy one with lots of nuts & seeds but it was still 278 cals so thats some wiifit time for me now and a brisk walk later on!!

Good luck x

Hi all :wave:
Had a good day so far- ate an apple instead if a biscuit when I was hungry- a good start. It hasn't helped that I have put a rhubarb and custard scented air freshner in my car though- I just want to eat some ;)

Have Zumba in a while, then will be having fish and veg for dinner...

Do you like my new ticker???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"