A little advice for a first timer

EllaAndLyla

Earth and Angel mummy!
Reaction score
I had a second degree tear with my first baby, 3 days ago.
i have a few questions/worries if anyone knows the answers i would be greatful.

I havent yet been for a number 2 (3 days after birth, but i also was in labour for 2 days before and didnt then either, so for 5 days)... is this normal? i am worried that when it finally come it will rip my stitches. :cry:

Also when can i drive my car again? is there a safe time from birth or is it just when i feel comfortable enough?

Thank you mummys! x

First of all Congratulations!!

I had an episiotomy and i didn't go for a number two for about a week or more after i think because i was so scared i was sort of stopping myself iykwim, but when i did i wont lie for me it hurt a little (i hadn't ate much though so that didn't help) and honestly the stitches part was fine after no pian and definitely no splitting, i held a maternity pad over the stitches as it made me feel abit better. Also eat as much fibre as you can as it makes poo softer:blush:

As far as driving goes i was told i could drive as soon as i felt comfortable, i was about 2 weeks pp when i felt ok to drive but i did have ALOT of stitches.

Hope you heal well:flower:

congratulations on the birth of your gorgeous baby!.. i didn't poo for ages love, i felt so clogged up it was horrible but i just couldn't manage it!! hope you feel back to your normal self soon :) xxxxxxx

Hi hon congrats! I had a 2nd degree tear too, eat plenty of fibre and you will be fine!! Maybe take lactulose too, I did and pooed about 4 days after birth and it was fine. TBH weeing hurts more than pooing. RE car, I would maybe leave it till LO is about 2 weeks so you are comfortable enough sitting down?

Congratulations on your new arrival :cloud9:

With my first child I had an episiotomy that then lead to a third degree tear, I had lactulose that helped but doing a no2 never bothered me (it did this time but that was due to lack of fibre as I had zero time to eat) however my stitches did split just from day to day movement (I was still in hospital when this happened) and it healed wonderfully. Even the lady who stitched me up this time (I had a 2nd degree tear with Tristan) said the person who did it last time did a fab job, she was very shocked when I told her it has split & had healed naturally.

It is definitely normal to go a few days post labour without a no2 as everything in your body has been moved about and needs to settle!

Hope this has helped :thumbup:

xXx

Congratulations on Lyla, she is gorgeous and 1 of my name choices :)

If I remember correctly I didn't do number 2 for about 8days, maybe more after and I had lots of sticthes and was scared to go but it was OK...

I suggest eating some fibre, weetabix or something, or getting some Dulcolax or similiar to soften you up, because not to scare u, but I had BAD constipation about 2weeks later and I was in agony, in the middle of the night, screaming baby and I couldn't get off the loo!! :(

Not nice, but I promise your stitches will be fine :)

xx

I had a second degree tear. Hold some tissue or a pad over your bits when you first need to go. Take your time and don't push too hard. I was a bit constipated due to iron tablets and it took quite a while for me to go. I took it very slowly! Take some stool softeners if you're feeling it's not coming easily. Good luck hun. I'm now 2 weeks post partum and feeling much better down there. It will get better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->