A little bit cross!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Mummy_to_be87, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Mummy_to_be87

Mummy_to_be87 Well-Known Member

I got an appointment in for my glucose tolerance test about a month ago and had to cancel as I had no transport up to the hospital so I rung and changed the appointment until tomorrow, BUT I couldnt get anyone to take me to the hospital and the public transport doesnt start until late in the afternoon but they wont give me a late appointment because I have to fast from midnight, so when I rung today to cancel the appointment the midwife said that Im not on the system for tomorrow anyway!! Grrrrrrr..... ANYWAY I have asked to have it done in my home town outpatients, or even a hospital closer to home, but they said no so now I'm left wondering what Im going to do because I can't make it to the hospital they want me to go to so Im wondering what to do? Is it essential that I get this glucose tolerance test? What would happen if I didnt get it? Im sooo cross right now, I hate being messed about and getting no where :cry2:

2. mum2b2009

mum2b2009 mummy of two boys!

well if you had Gd and it went un noticed then it can be very harmfull..i had mine done at my doctors..maybe urs will do them too

3. Mummy_to_be87

I have an antenatal appointment with my doctor next week, I will ask her if she could do it while Im there, I will go fasted so Im prepared lol I guess I stress myself out all the time and really shouldnt :flower:

How is your pregnancy going for you?

4. EffyM

EffyM Well-Known Member

my first test i did NOT have to fast at all...
    teh second one i did
    the thrid again i did not....

have you already had the 1hour test done...

5. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

in the UK they just give you the one " test " which is a fasting blood draw after an overnight fast and then they do the drink and you wait 2 hours in most areas then get the second blood draw

6. Mummy_to_be87

I have had no test done at all yet, infact I dont want any blood taken ut I know I have to for my LO :flower: