A little bit of advice/opinion please?

SarahLou372

TTC #2 with PCOS
Reaction score
Hi there ladies :hi:

Me and my OH are aiming to start ttc for our first baby in May 2014. But I just want a little bit of advice on what you ladies think please.

I have PCOS and im currently on the contraceptive pill. Im currently on af and im due to start my pill again today. But me and other half agreed that I would do one more round of the pill as its my last strip I have anyway. Plus also it gets us past Christmas and the new year coming in. Also I have an appointment to see my doctor nest Wednesday and im going to try to start on the metformin again as it really helps me lose weight and I get my af naturally and quite regular on it. I was speaking to my mum today and told her about our plans and she said I wouldn't bother starting the pill again just leave it. But I wanted to wait till I have started metformin (Hopefully next week) And fertility vitamins before I come off the pill. So by time I have had my withdrawal af in January and my body as had a month or so to flush out the pill the metformin should be starting to do it's job again. If I come off the pill now I wont have anything in my system at all until I can see my doctor next week and know for sure I get metformin.

My question is do you ladies think I should stick to the original plan and come off early January after my last strip. Or do what mum says and just come off now.... :dohh:

I think you should take your drs advice over your mum. You can stop pill mid packet but you can't start mid way through.I would suck to the original plan incase your Dr says s something different you what you expect.

Sorry I must of wrote it wrong.. I ment to say one plan is mine and OH plan and the other idea was my mum's

But its probably best to stick with the pill for one more cycle :flower:

I think if I was you I'd be more inclined to take the pill for that last month, and give the metformin chance to kick in and get to work! Keep yourself regular! X

Go with what you and dh want. I'm sure your mom is trying to help but it's your life and your plans

I would be more of the mind to come off now and clear my body of the bcp before starting more medicines but that's me.

Thank you ladies for all your replies and advice. I think I might just stick to my original plan with OH. Im hoping they will give me metformin again but I don't know till I go next week. :flower:

I can see where your mum is coming from with her idea, but I'd stick with your plans.
If you want to start ttc, the last thing you need is your cycle messed up shopping one thing, your body adjusting, then having to adjust to something else.

I'd come off your pill now and let it get out of your system before you start metformin

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->