A little bummed, hubby won't respond.. Anyone in the same boat?

C

charlie_lael

I've been thinking about TTC#2 for awhile now... (Like a couple weeks:haha:). But everytime I try to ask hubby about it he just ignores me. :/ Pretty frustrating that he can't behave like a grown man and talk to me. It doesn't help that he's deployed and we can only communicate via email. Ugh! If he would talk to me then we could talk about maybe trying when he gets back from deployment or waiting a little longer. I don't mind either way, but the fact that he just wont respond is really aggravating:gun:

Anyone else having troubles talking with hubby?

from what ive read and heard from friends, it seems like a lot of guys are like that. my guy is too...i think it makes them nervous

Yeah, but you'd think he'd be less nervous after having one already.. Especially because we got lucky and hot a really easy baby. :haha: I'm just nit sure if I should bring it up again or just wait and see.. I'm a talk it out type of person, so stuff like this annoys me. :(

My DH is the same. I've asked when we can have number two and he just says, 'not yet'! I'd like an actual date to work off, but it's a total no go here at the moment.

At least he says. Lol, my hubby avoids all things baby talk.

I'm not sure how to bring it up anymore... :shrug:

I think it's a man thing my DH is exactly the same. It's always "I'm not ready" or "not yet". He doesn't really elaborate on either statement.

The thing that gets me is that if I were to tell him I was pregnant he would deal with it and he would be brilliant at doing so he's just not so great at talking and planning. Maybe it's a male thing???

Took me a year to finally convence the DH so I feel you....hopefully it won't take as long for you...GL hun!!!

Charlie, maybe its the fact that it is over email, or the fact that he's on deployment at the moment. I know email is the only way you guys have to communicate at the moment, but perhaps, when he is home from deployment, he might find it a little easier face to face?

Good luck

I'm thinking this ^ when my OH has deployed email is seriously useless :haha: maybe he's too busy or scatter brained to respond right away or to elaborate on his feelings so he skips it. Or maybe just forgets it was brought up :shrug: communication is key! Next email tell him how you feel, how you feel about him not responding and he needs to reply with yes or no and why! And make that all the email is about so he doesn't try to avoid it.

Also I'm sure him being gone and away from you and first child is hard and its hard to think about adding another baby to that scenario of him being gone. :shrug:

Good luck! I fell pregnant a month before a year deployment then fell pregnant two months after he got home :haha::dohh: now pregnant again and facing him deploying my due month! :dohh:

I remember counting down the days with you in third tri! Excited to see you here. I also agree. Texting and email is a hard way to communicate because you can't get emotions across real well or inflections. When does he come back?

Anywhere between four to ten months. Depends if they want to keep him that long..

Yeah, I get what you guys mean. :) I think I'll get my thoughts together on paper and email him. If he doesn't respond I'll just try and drop it until he gets home...

Try.. :haha:

It'll be better to speak face to face about it, ttc#2 is probably the furthest thing from his mind right now. A simple 'we'll talk when I come home' would be good though!!

My hubby isn't deployed but he avoids the talk of another baby completely. We know we want them close but it's never gonna happen if we don't talk. Men can be so frustrating. Lol

With my DH I always have to wait until he is home before we can talk about these big decisions in life. Maybe until he is home and then talk to him?

YESSSSSS.

I want to start trying this fall and my husband either doesn't respond, or he will say no not for a looooong time. It's annoying. I want them close together; he wants to wait and try when she is 2 at the youngest preferably 3...I cannot wait that long. I just can't.

OH refuses to talk baby right now, he's easily freaked out by the future and after a little attempt at 'family talk' the other night he had a tantrum comparable to a toddler and said afterwards that he was just in shock as I bought it up out of the blue all at once *rollseyes*

I guess i got lucky with my 'yeah okay'. I'd just moan and moan until i got a reply haha, but that's just me :)

Ah my dh is just like this! I really want to start trying after the summer but he just isn't even approachable about it! I don't want the age gap to be too big between them. Because I can't talk to him about it, its on my mind even more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"