A little concerned:-/

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by TriChick, Jun 4, 2011.

1. TriChick

TriChick Mom-Wife-Triathlete:)

Hey ladies! I'm 6.3 today, and started having light pinkish spotting yesterday afternoon (not a lot) and this morning some mild cramping started. Decided to be on the safe side and go to the doc. He did an exam and ultrasound, and it showed the gestational/yolk sac but he could not find a fetal pole. The spotting has decreased this afternoon, however the cramps seem to be more constant as the day has progressed. Doc told me to monitor over the next few days until my appt. next Thursday, and had my blood drawn to establish a baseline for comparison. He said right now it looks as though I have an intact pregnancy. Still a little concerned, as the cramps are uncomfortable and almost constant although there is no spotting. Just looking for some advice from the girls who have experienced this before? Thanks:)

2. Baby1forus

Baby1forus Well-Known Member

Yup, 6 weeks generally feels crampy and stretchy. It's ligaments pulling on your uterus to make room. Nothing you're saying sounds like your pregnancy is at risk. The spotting sounds like implantation or old blood and it is early to see much on an ultrasound. I'm sure all is ok. Just rest and don't freak yourself out.

3. TriChick

Thanks, I appreciate the response:) The doc at the hospital didn't have the "best" bedside manner and didn't sound too positive even when telling me the good stuff. He wasn't very informative, and basically said "well, keep an eye out. It's gonna go one way or the other." Ahhh military medicine:)

4. xx_Holli_xx

xx_Holli_xx Pregnant with a princess

hey hunny:) what your experiencing sounds totally normal im 11 weeks and i still get pain i believe it is called round ligament its from everything stretching :D praying for you and the little bean :D hope all is well

5. TriChick

The spotting stopped yesterday, yet this morning I woke up and it's back, and a little heavier than before. Ughhhh it's a long way until my u/s on Thursday:(

6. padbrat

padbrat My Rainbow is Born x

hey hun... I have had spotting too, but mine was brownish... yukky!

Mine has stopped too and i have an U/S on Monday. I had no cramps though.

Friends who have had babies have said they spotted around 6 weeks too..

Have my fingers crossed for us both!