A little confused..Conflicting advice

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi all,

So I had my coil removed yesterday, and the nurse advised I wait 3 menstrual cycles before getting pregnant, so that when we do conceive i have a definite date of conception and they can monitor babys weight properly, and have accurate due date.

Thing is we would prefer a spring baby, as our birthdays are all summer so it spreads it out a bit, and my DD is a summer baby, and I vowed never to be heavily pregnant in the summer again!! This means trying now.

Our DD was conceived within days of stopping contraception last time, and she was perfect in all ways, and the due date was accurate from the scans, I've also read up, and apparently, there's no evidence there's a benefit in waiting.

Plus TMI warning being that DH don't use condoms, and we DTD the night before the coil came out there's achance there's some little swimmers hanging around anyway.

We have decided to TTC straight away, i'm taking my pre pregnancy vitamins.

So what did you do? Wait or try straight away?

I'd say go for it. I mean, how 'out' could dates possibly be!

with the implant they say wait one cycle for dating.

but people get pregnant all over the shop, so aslong as you know when youve had your coil out (obviously!) they can just guess from there. it may not be accurate is all x

I had the implant, so slightly different to the coil, we were told to wait one month. I did follow advice and do this. This is our first month of trying. One of my friends fell pregnant before first AF on the implant and she now has a happy and healthy 3 year old. Its up to you really, would they not offer an early dating scan if you werent sure on dates? x

The only reason to wait its for dating it won't harm the baby at all, when I had a miscarriage my surgeon told me try straight away but I know most are told to wait a few cycles. Personally I'd go for it. If they have to do an extra scan so be it.

Thanks everyone.

We are going for it... literally lol. I too have a perfectly happy and healthy 3yr old, after not waiting when I cam off the pill, but I had periods while I was on the pill. I haven't had a period for a year having the implant, so wondered if it was different xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->