A little confused...help

HCas

Reaction score
Sorry if TMI...

So yesterday I o-ed and I got really excited until I noted cramps from both ovaries. I read that one ovary o's at a time and you can usually tell by the cramps. Can you o from both at the same time? Or could it be something else?

Hm...wonder if it's two eggs being released? Not sure of it works like that for those who occasionally release more than one egg per cycle.
That would be my best bet.

It could be gas pains in your lower intestine maybe? I experience ovulation pain as well (most cycles). But I have sometimes confused gas pain that happens in the ovary area with ovulation pain if it happens around the time ovulation should happen. And it feels very much the same - sharp pain in the ovary area.

It definitely is rare to ovulate two eggs. It is probably even more rare for 2 eggs to be released at precisely the same exact time. A second egg has 24 hours to be released after the first one is released.

But... you could be right and ovulated 2 eggs. Who knows! There is really no way to tell unless it is caught on ultrasound (you'd see 2 burst follicles)... or if both get fertilized this month and you end up with twins. :winkwink:

It could be gas pains in your lower intestine maybe? I experience ovulation pain as well (most cycles). But I have sometimes confused gas pain that happens in the ovary area with ovulation pain if it happens around the time ovulation should happen. And it feels very much the same - sharp pain in the ovary area.

It definitely is rare to ovulate two eggs. It is probably even more rare for 2 eggs to be released at precisely the same exact time. A second egg has 24 hours to be released after the first one is released.

But... you could be right and ovulated 2 eggs. Who knows! There is really no way to tell unless it is caught on ultrasound (you'd see 2 burst follicles)... or if both get fertilized this month and you end up with twins. :winkwink:

Thanks. I was a bit worried since I know nothing about all of this. I know I did ovulate though since I took a test and all.

I wouldn't be surprised at twins actually. It runs on both sides of my family haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->