a little confused, someone help me out? pic included

sierra28

Reaction score
so I'm about 7-8dpo and I was reading that ovulation test can read early pregnancy, so I went out and bought one. my periods do the 17th, and it's always on time , every 28 days. so I took one and got two pink lines, what does this mean?!?!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 15
so I'm about 7-8dpo and I was reading that ovulation test can read early pregnancy, so I went out and bought one. my periods do the 17th, and it's always on time , every 28 days. so I took one and got two pink lines, what does this mean?!?!

You can use opks but they need to be a full positive just like when your testing for lh vs hcg. I used opks everyday after ovulation just to use them up because I had like a gazillion lol. I would always get a full positive right before af because we (women) get a secondary lh surge at this time (I have no idea why). That being said this cycle when I got my bfp I also got a full positive opk but it was a few days earlier than normal and I thought maybe I was pregnant and it turned out I was! Hope you get your bfp?

Your opk test is negative because the test line is not as dark as the control line. Unlike pregnancy tests (where a pink line is a positive no matter how light), the ovulation test is only positive if the test line is as dark or darker than the control line. Mind you this is only normal since you are 7-8 dpo. If you are really impatient to find out if you are pregnant, get a FRER pregnancy test and test in a day or two. Some women get positives with FRER as soon as 8 dpo.

From someone who has used OPKs in the TWW and have had both pregnant and not pregnant outcomes - it means nothing. Sorry Hun, stop wasting your hopes and money on them in the TWW x

An OPK will actually not detect pregnancy before an HPT. In fact, the reason you have two lines means you still have lingering LH from your surge. Some women even get a second surge right before their period. Your best bet is to try a FRER.

Im currently very confused! last few cycles have had a 36 day cycle. took opk on cd17 and only just positive,cd18 same and cd 19 very dark positive with cramping. af due cd 36 but instead of witch got thin clear stretchy cm! took a opk incase of late ovulation etc and had blazing positive for last 3 days. as soon as i wee on it the test line goes very dark and control line pale??? any advice would be great x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->