a little confused.....

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by Sandy1222, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Sandy1222

Sandy1222 Well-Known Member

hey ladies! it seems as if got me again this month......wasn't having many symptoms at all other than a sore back and some weird cramping for the past week, which is odd considering i was a lot more miserable the past 2 cycles before af got me......i thought it may have been a good sign for this month. the cramping reminded me of af like cramps, with some weird feelings like someone was pulling on my insides or something like that. it wasnt consistent, but would occur on and off.

i have been testing and nothing so far other than BFN's, and i just got home from work a little while ago and when i went to the bathroom i noticed (TMI) that i had some brown spotting when i wiped, but it isn't heavy or red really. i am due for anytime now, so i think this is the start of it. i dont feel like she is on her way, but it looks as if she is. i almost never spot before she comes, it just seems to all come at once. i do think i will be calling my dr after this month if i have another 10 day long and miserable period, as i do have concerns about endo (family history and dr has wanted to test me in the past. besides, my cycles have gone from 28 days on the pill and the first month off, to 25 last month and again this month. 25 days isn't necessarily bad, but when you have af for almost half of your cycle it makes timing anything difficult.

my question is if any of you who have gotten your BFP;s have had something like this happen??? i am still waiting to see if it is going to be a full blown period, but oddly there is no red blood so far....

thanks for reading this and any opinions you may have <3

update: now it seems that everything has gone away again....really confused now :nope:

2. hatbox

hatbox Well-Known Member

Wow. Your body's really playing tricks on you this month! I hope you get a bfp and AF stays away!

3. Sandy1222

it seriously is.....and i am not happy about it!!!! i dont want to get my hopes up that there is still something to hope for, but at the same time i dont want to give up just yet. i just want a clear sign to tell me what to do......:wacko:

4. hatbox

hatbox Well-Known Member

I would for sure go to the dr about the long periods if you don't get a bfp this time. 10 days is very long. Mine average 8 days long and it's ridiculous. I hope you do get your bfp this month and don't have to worry about any of that stuff.

5. A_Z

A_Z Well-Known Member

It's possible you're having late implantation spotting, but I've also found that since I started TTC I've been a lot more attentive to what my body's doing, and have noticed pre-AF spotting that I never picked up on before. Last month I had spotting over 24 hours before my period showed, and I swear that never happened before, but I think it's more likely I just wasn't paying attention. Are your temps still up, or have they dropped?

But yes, long and painful periods are worth getting checked out.

Good luck!

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

last time I was pregnant i had brown spotting the day b/4 my period was due and I took a test that afternoon and it was positive. I think it may have been old blood from implatation bc I got a postive that same day. good luck

7. cloud9

cloud9 Guest

I wouldn't be thinking about giving up yet its still early days! Long periods should be checked out definately but if you've only been trying since sept 2011 I presume you were on birth control before this? It could take a while for your body to get back into its own natural rhythm.. Good luck!

8. Sandy1222

i had been on BCP for the last 10+ years, so i have a feeling it is going to take me a little while to settle into a natural cycle and be able to figure out what my body will do to me each month LOL.......

it does seem that my period has made its ugly face known as everything is getting heavier and more consistent, with a LOT of cramping so i guess it will be onto next month for me. i am going to make an appt with my dr to discuss these nasty periods i have been getting.....hopefully it isn't anything too bad.

thank you everyone and lots of :dust: to us all!!!!

9. cloud9

cloud9 Guest

Sometimes it can do, I was in the same situation having been on birth control for almost 10 years - because your body is used to a hormone that inhibits ovulation it is now no longer getting the hormone and has to wean itself off and start acting for itself! I'm sure you will be fine but best to get checked out anyway and it will give you peace of mind from the start, I did and everything came back absolutely fine I didn't want to get to a year ttc and then was faced with a problem if you know what I mean. Most things are curable/treatable these days! Hope af sorts itself out for you soon