A little freaked out

morgan89

Reaction score
I am 5ish weeks pregnant based on my LMP.

So I had a minor amount of light pink CM on saturday so I panicked and went to the hospital where they did my beta hcg and it was 6424. The doctor also checked to see if my cervix was closed which it was. He then scheduled me for an ultrasound this morning. They had to do a vaginal ultrasound and they saw a gestational sac with nothing in it. So I'm currently freaking out because I had a MMC in july so Im paranoid of it happening again. Im wondering if maybe this is just way to early to say. Also my CM has changed to a tan color today. No cramping or abdominal pain just dull back ache. Any thoughts.

When is your next blood draw or ultrasound? I never saw anything on ultrasound til 5+5

I think it's totally normal.

5"ish" weeks, could mean less than 5 weeks, and really, even before 6 weeks it can be pretty normal to have an empty sac. And even a few days before 5 weeks, chances are no pregnancy would show more than a sac.

I had a MMC in July too and I'm newly pregnant now too. (6 weeks tomorrow) So I feel your pain. Early pregnancy is a stressful time. and it's almost impossible to relax.

Good beta and I think pretty normal scan. Were you able to talk to a doctor or nurse or midwife about scan?

By the way, while I haven't had it myself, I've heard other people talk about weird color mucous in early (healthy) pregnancy too!

Good luck. Keep us posted. (and know you're not alone! While a HUGE blessing obviously, these are some SLOOoOOoOOOw weeks)

I see my family doctor on tuesday for my first official visiylt. I assume she will order more blood work and an ultrasound then.

I saw 2 doctors at the hospital. One was patient and very positive the other just kept focussing on the empty sac. Eventhough i said i dont know if I'm actually 5.5 weeks.

I may just wait and see what my family doc thinks.

Did they mention anything about a subchorionic hematoma during your ultrasound?

I had one with DD. It caused spotting (pink and brown) at 5-6 weeks, and like you I went in for an exam when I saw the spotting and my cervix was closed. They didn't really know what was going on, but I was put on pelvic rest until my 7-week ultrasound, at which point they found the hematoma and said that must have been causing the bleed.

No they didn't. I may ask my doctor when I see her tomorrow. It seems I have minimal pink spotting every evening but it doesn't last. Maybe a drop or two each time. If it continued or got worse I might worry more but right now I just dont know what to think.

A gestational sac is perfect for 5 weeks. When I went in around 6 weeks we saw the baby and the yolk sac but were told beforehand that it may be too early to see anything. So even if you were 6 weeks along, a gestational sac is still a good sign. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! :thumbup:

You wouldn't see anything other than a gestational sac at that point! Your hcg isn't high enough to expect to see a baby or yolk sac. Soon you will!

So after very much heartbreak and worry I got some good news today. My first beta HCG was 6424 IU/L and by yesterday (about 80 hours later) they had climbed up to 23347 IU/L. I am taking this as a good sign to keep positive. I have another ultrasound booked for next Wednesday to look for the heart beat. I will be about 7 weeks by then.

I must say though after seeing my doctor I was already feeling much better. She assured me that there was something in my gestational sac however it was small and no heart beat visible. Important detail was VISIBLE. She is still sending me again for another ultrasound but based on my betas I am sure there will be something.

Thanks for all the support ladies.

So after very much heartbreak and worry I got some good news today. My first beta HCG was 6424 IU/L and by yesterday (about 80 hours later) they had climbed up to 23347 IU/L. I am taking this as a good sign to keep positive. I have another ultrasound booked for next Wednesday to look for the heart beat. I will be about 7 weeks by then.

I must say though after seeing my doctor I was already feeling much better. She assured me that there was something in my gestational sac however it was small and no heart beat visible. Important detail was VISIBLE. She is still sending me again for another ultrasound but based on my betas I am sure there will be something.

THATS GREAT!!! Don't be worried about a thing!

I also went for an ultrasound today at 6 weeks 1 day and there was a heart beat of 108 :) everything is looking up.

Good to hear things seem to be okay! Sorry if TMI, but did you poo when you had the pink CM? I had this during weeks 6-9. If I strained too hard to use the bathroom there was always pink colored CM. I am now almost 12 weeks and this no longer happens, my last scan was 2 weeks ago and my little bean is healthy and growing.
Good luck with your next scan and hopefully you pink colored CM goes away soon. :hugs:

No they told me it was because I have a blood clot in my uterus. Very common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->