A little help.....

1stbaby

TTC
Reaction score
Ok, so this is my 2nd month TTC after a D&C and I am confused. I have been temping and using OPK this time, but not last time. Before my first PG, I have always had a normal 28 day cycle. This time though the OPK was positive day 17 18 19 and 20. I am now on CD 22 and wondering when I should POAS? Do I wait 14 days past ov or can I still test on CD 28? I am so confused! If I test on CD 28 though, I will only be 9 dpo. Help please!

Just wanted to add my chart
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

Most pregnancy tests should be done after 12 dpo unles you have an early test. I hate getting BFNs so I'd wait until 12 days after the latest date you could have ovulated to avoid disappointment.

Yeah, I was even thinking about waiting the full 2wks. It just feels like forever. But I am supposed to get af in 8 more days, if my cycle is 28 days still, and thats going to make me want to test early. I will just need to learn to have patience. Wow but you dont have many days to go!

Hiya,

sorry to hear about your d&c (i suspect it was for a mc? i had one too, and a d&c )

There really is not rule to when you can test, although the earlier you start you are less likely to get a bfp. In addition, you have to take into account that it takes on average a week for implantation to take place, and then you start producing the hcg that you can pick up in a hpt.

My advice would be to wait til 14 days past ov as that is the norm for getting a positive hpt as enough time has past for you to get high enough levels to pick up on a test.

As far as your cycle is concerned my advice to you would be expect the unexpected! Things change and may take some time to get back to normal - and even then you might find you end up with a new kind of normal, if you get my drift?

If you knew your luteal phase before you had your mc (?) you could have used it to gage when to expect your af. Having said that, with a normally 28 day cycle and you having ov somewhere between cd 17-20 it is in my conservative estimate quite possible you will have a longer cycle this month. ( depending on your lp- a normal range is between 11-16 days and the advantage of it is that it very rarely changes whereas your ov can change due to all kinds of things like illness, medication and stress- but your lp sstays very much put(barring a day or so))

In conclusion- wait to test as late as you can, and if i were you id expect my af late this month. Hope this explains things a bit! :)

Good luck!

thanks so much, I am going to wait as long as I can! hopefully the next two weeks go fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->