A little late - slightly gory birth story

mazee71

surprise #5
Reaction score
Well I was due to be induced on Weds 17th March, butwhen I rang the ward they were too busy to take me, and asked me to phone at lunchtime.

I was really hacked off, so walked poor ds#2 to school extra fast, halfway there I realised I was having regular contractions. Got home and told DH who promptly got his trainers on and we went for a really long walk. We got back and timed them and they were approx 4 mins apart.

It was now lunchtime so I rang ward again and they started off telling me they were really busy, when I told them that I'd lost my plug two days before after my 2nd sweep and that I was having contractions they told me to come straight in.

So off we set, I was convinced they would check me and send me home, hooked up to monitor which straight away showed contractions (the first I've ever had on my own - yay my cervix :D ) they monitored me for over an hour, told me to go have a walk about town and then come back, but that I would be staying. We walked about for a bit then went and had something to eat. Got back to the ward where they again monitored me and then gave me a propess, took tw midwives to get it to stick.

Had a reasonable nights sleep me and DH snuggled up in hospital bed with cot sides up. They told me because of ds#2 birth that I wouldnt be ableto deliver in the room I was in but in labour suite. By the next morning the contractions were ramping up a gear, but when checked my cervix had done nothing (same old story). Again we walked and walked and walked. By midday I was really feeling them and had a nice hot bath and the pains stopped completely, as soon as I got out they came straight back, again I was monitored and my cx was 4cm, midwife could feel waters bulging but wanted babies head further down before breaking them. I tried to walk but was really finding the pains hard to copewith. At 2pm I told DH to tell them I wanted an epidural, a csection or get me the f*ck out of here.

He recognised that I was getting closer becasue the idea of a csection frightens the bejesus out of me so went to find midwife, she came and straight away said time to go to labur suite. She got me pethidine and gas and air and things from here go a little blurry.

I really wanted to push but they said I was no where near ready and had to keep breathing through the urge. Then babies heartrate started to dip and take a while to come back up, finally I started to push - I just couldnt hold it anymore, with that her heart rate dipped really low and one of midwives said we may need some help to get baby out - the other midwife was saying babies head was nearly there to keep pushing, no panting or stopping just keep pushing, I pushed for 4 minutes and OMG I thought she came out sideways, hurt far more than my other 3 babies.

She was put on my chest but within a couple of seconds it was clear even to me in my tired, drugged up state that she was struggling, they whipped her off me and started working on her.

Poor dh was watching over her, then I started to hemorrage, they rang the bell and the room was full ofpeople, dh said there was 10 of them, they hooked me up to drip etc and took a while but finally they got the bleeding under control, I lost 1000 mls of blood, all of this is a little hazy I just remember seeing poor dh running between me and baby, looking stunned. Finally I got to hold baby she weighed 7lb 12.5oz and was gorgeous.

We had one extra scare when she was 4 days old and choked on sick and went blue, cue trip in ambulance but thankfully she was fine and we are back home and all is well.

Heres a pic of little Lara :D

Attachments

• Picture 159.jpg
    Picture 159.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 30
congrats hun, shes beautiful, glad your both doing well x

Congratulations! She is gorgeous! xx

She's beautiful :)
sounds like a tough birth but glad all is ok now x

congratz huni!! shes sooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!!! xxxx

glad you are both doing well now xx

Users who are viewing this thread