A little update on me, re lactating and a pat of the back ha ha *updated*

I will do, doubt I will be able to pull it off, as my milk doesn't seem to fill up yet ifykwim, but positive thinking and all that.
My only concern is I am still on antibiotics, so will see how she seems.

YAY! thats great news, Im so glad its working out. Make sure your drinking tons of water, even though I produce plenty, on the days I dont drink lots of water I notice I can barely pump anything, he is also much more gassy those days :s

good point mystika, I must admit some days I find it hard

Does anyone know, when combined feeding, how much ebm do they need a day?

I found out, but thought I would post in case useful to others:flower:
https://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/milkcalc.html
good website incase anyone hasnt seen it

Had an awful night with Millie having horrendous reflux, which I am convinced is being made worse by the thick milk.

I would swap her milk, but hv is fixated on the fact I have changed her milk four times.
she was aptamil 1 straight after bf (as was told closest to bm, a myth apparently) comfort cow and gate (but I had a faulty tub) so then had to go on aptamil comfort, which she was very sick on to the cow and gate comfort, which she has been on now for 1 month. Hv always comments on all this when I ring her, haven't even told her I am trying bm, as she will make me feel bad. :cry:

So today I am going cold turkey and just trying to bf her, so far I have fed her at 8.30am, she fed from both breasts but didn't seem to be for long, she also fidgeted a lot, not sure if this is just her getting used to bf again or lack of milk.

Now I am not sure whether when she has bf, should I pump to make sure empty so that they fill again? She is angling for a feed again soon, and I don't know if I will have enough milk. I really don't want to give her formula, as the mix of bm and formula seems to make her sick and reflux pain worse? Any help as usual more than appreciated.

I would just keep going as you started - keep offering boob whenever she wants it. You should be able to tell if she is getting anything as she will swallow and may even dribble a little bit if she's like Erin!! If you want to top her up later if your worried - the option is always there. Keep going - your doing fab!

thanks Ceri. I can here it at the begining but not at the end

I would pump to make sure they are empty! Well done for going cold turkey!

thanks ke, I always thought they had to be empty (even though never empty) to send signals to fill back up. I'm worried though I will misjudge and not have any milk left, really trying to avoid bottle at the min.
Any developments with you and Ellis hun?

Im in pain at the min as since my supply has increased im now too big for the pump so its hurting, have ordered new shields today which will be here tomorrow so havent pumped since last night. Breast support midwife is coming at some point today to try and get him to latch but not sure I can take the pain. We shall see, they dont hurt as much as last night so as long as he doesnt chomp like usual it may be ok.

aw hun :hugs: could you hand express some off, maybe have some paracetamol first. It hurts at first but then the relieve will be bliss. Good luck today

ps. Dont worry about there being nothing for LO, I pumped the other day til empty then again 30 mins later and there was milk

Yup, just offer boob, if she has a long sleep that you know she always has (say 4h) I'd maybe express a little after she's been asleep 2h to keep the pattern.
If like my madam day time sleeps are unpredictable then yup, cut out the expressing and just bf :hugs: she may well be a little more unsettled/feed more etc for a couple of days, just roll with it and top up if you really feel she needs it (before bad etc)

Your doing great!

thanks farie, she is asleep now, but doesn't sleep long, think thats why she sleeps through. I'm not going to risk bm at night yet for her last bottle. But I am going to try a different thinner formula rather than comfort.
I'm going to express now as I know I have some bm in fridge to fall back on. I'm going out Friday so need a supply for hubby :thumbsup:
How are you and Nim? Its paed tomorrow isnt it?

Yup paed today (your tomorrow :lol:)
I cannot wait for the first time ever I'm excited about seeing the Dr! I'm just keeping everything crossed he can help her.

HES ON HES ON HES ON!!! WOO WOO

sorry to interupt just needed to tell someone. The midwife came and said seen as he's not liking trying directly it was time to try nipple shields so I have and he's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got to get him established then we can wean him off them!

HES ON HES ON HES ON!!! WOO WOO

sorry to interupt just needed to tell someone. The midwife came and said seen as he's not liking trying directly it was time to try nipple shields so I have and he's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just got to get him established then we can wean him off them!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Just seen this sorry not been, on been feeding:winkwink:
Amazing news, well done you and Ellis

Yup paed today (your tomorrow :lol:)
I cannot wait for the first time ever I'm excited about seeing the Dr! I'm just keeping everything crossed he can help her.

:happydance:Im excited for you also, let us know farie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->