A long term weight loss thread

gigglebox

My husband only makes y sperm
Reaction score
Hi all! I've just had baby #3 and will soon be ready to tackle weight loss again. I've managed to lose the baby weight and then some after each pregnancy, so I'm hoping to do it again this time!

Anyone want to join me? If so what are your goals?

I love disc golf so I am hoping to get my stamina back to play a strong game. I also need to regain strength in my arms as I've been on lifting restrictions since 34 weeks pregnant (started going into labor and was put on modified bed rest) and finally get those lifted in 2 weeks (6 weeks pp after c section).

I was 206 when I weighed in on delivery day.

I am currently 176 which seems to be about where I am sitting in my current sedentary state/state of recovery.

My short term goal is 155. Next goal is 145. Long term goal is 135 although I've never been able to reach it so not sure if it's obtainable...?

I'm starting this thread now but not officially taking steps toward my goal until I have been ok'ed by my dr to do so -- hopefully within the next two weeks!

Ongoing edit to stats:
2/27
Weight: 176.6
Tum @ naval: 41.5"
Arm: 13"

3/2 175.6

4/15 literally did nothing except eat more chocolate and gained an embarassing nearly 10lbs :dohh: weight loss challenge with MIL begins.
Weight: 185.2

5/1 177.6

5/6 175.2 -- officially lowest since giving birth!

5/10 174.6
Belly 40.5"

5/31 170
Belly 40

Last edited:
I want to join, but won't participate for awhile. I started pre pregnancy at 174. I want to get down to 160, then 150 eventually. I was 140 when I met my husband, but not sure I can get back to that. I think I'll start of easy with exercise then try DHs ddp yoga workout.

Hi ladies. I am currently almost 5 weeks pg, but I'd like to share my stats anyway.

Highest pre-pregnancy weight: 227lbs
Highest pregnancy weight: 260lbs (60lbs gained)
Highest post-pregnancy weight: 256lbs
Current weight: 226lbs
Goal weight: 175lbs

For the past few months, I've been watching my portions and trying to cut back on sweets. I also noticed I started dropping weight once I was back doing my moderately physical job after mat leave. And I've lost 10lbs since the start of 2019. I had just started trying to do a 16/8 intermittent fasting routine when I found out I was pg. I know you're "not supposed" to lose weight while pg, but I'm technically obese based on my BMI and I am gonna make damn sure I don't gain another 60lbs with this pregnancy. My goals for 2019 are...

- Safely lose a little more weight in my 1st tri and then try to maintain/not gain as much as my pregnancy progresses. Gonna aim for no more than 40lbs gained.
- Once I feel up to it, be more physically active once baby is born (more walking)
- Use the hand weights I have at home (10, 15, and 25lbs)
- Continue to watch my portions and limit sweets and sodium intake

If anyone has any tips for slight weight loss while pg, they would be much appreciated. :)

I look forward to doing this journey with y'all!!!

Fluek not long now! You may want to ask about postpartum weight loss with your ob at next appointment.

For both of you definitely encourage more water all around. I need to do this too! I am the worst at keeping up with it.

Pretty I had good success with intermittent fasting. The only problem for me was not being able to eat dinner with the family as I was done eating about 5pm. My grazing period was about 10 to 5.

I also was practicing what I call "Jiminey Cricket dieting" -- you know, let your conscience be your guide! If you feel guilty eating it, or you know it's a bad choice, don't eat it! I think to a degree people inherently know what to eat...or not to eat.

Pretty I advise just to try and eat healthy foods and drink water to minimize gain. Sadly healthy hasn't been what I've wanted so it's been a struggle this time. I found that my amount gain was same at 34 weeks even though I lost 8 lbs in 1st tri with V. I hope you are able to keep weight gain minimum. Also, maybe mw could refer you to nutritionist to keep weight gain small. I think they recommend 10 to 15 if you're considered obese by bmi.

Gigs yes cutting out juices and sodas make a huge difference. I might splurge on a soda or tea once a month when not pregnant. I've sadly drank more this time. I need to drink water when I "feel hungry" to determine if I really am. I'm an emotional eater and tend to make bad choices if stressed, mad, or sad.

Last edited:
Joining!

Krav Spartan weight: 115 lbs
Pre pregnancy: 135 lbs
Pregnancy weight: 155ish lbs. I don’t think I ever hit 160 but I don’t recall
Goal weight: 115 lbs

Pre pregnancy waist: 26 in
Post pregnancy: 36 in
Goal waist: 26-28 in

For me, it’s not even the numbers so much as the fat content. At least at 135 I was just a little thicker, but now I’m sporting a lot of fatty tissue esp in my stomach.

I can’t exercise. I drop A off at 7am at daycare and pick him up at 4pm, in between I am at work. When I get home, it’s making dinner for him and tending to the dogs. Then I have to try and feed myself. Playing, reading, bathing. He goes down at 7, and I go down between 8-10. Unfortunately, between his attachment issues and ASD I can’t exercise in home or out of home. I often miss breakfast and dinner because it’s hard to make food/eat with him. I’m so run down that my coworker makes me lunch a couple times a week because lunch is usually a frozen meal.

So step one is I got these Gainful protein shakes to help with skipping breakfast/not feeling starved all day. It’s literally just two types of protein and a little cocoa powder. But on day 3 and I really am losing the need to binge eat.

I’m trying to find crockpot recipes I like so I can make lunch/dinner that way. But then I run into finance issues. One upside to never eating was low grocery bill lol

As for exercise have to figure out something at home in the hour after A goes to sleep. But it’s hard to bring myself to do it because that hour or two of just relaxing with my glass or two of wine has literally kept me sane. And I’ve had some really dark thoughts lately/can feel that I’m one trigger away from a depression episode.

I assume you mean Pretty, not Jez :haha: ugh yeah trying to stay healthy when pregnant can be impossible when your diet is kind of determined for you! I honestly don't remember what i craved this time. I am sure i ate my fair share of fast food though...

Welcome Dobs! Have you looked up mommy & me work puts on youtube? You may be able to combine exercise with play time. I tried them with Lev and it was ok before he got too big...

That's a good point about weight vs fat. I experienced this myself when i was feeling my best at 145 & fit. I lost a little more (140) then stopped working out. Eventually i got back to 145 and was just so much flabbier and felt worse, despite being the same weight.

Think I may take at least a stomach measurement myself...and perhaps arms :D

Dobby good point. You can be the same weight but depends on fat vs muscle mass. I worked out about 60 minutes 5x a week before I met DH. That and WW diet got me down from 176 to 140. I was wearing a size 7/8. I've always had wide hips so size 0 has never been a thing for me.

Gigs yes omg how the heck did I get Jez. Yes that part sucks when you have no control over what you want and what makes you sick.

Ladies ill join in:
I just had ds2 2 days ago so once I have the clear and my tears are healed I'd love to get some muscle tone back. Weight Wise I may have 10 lbs to loose (bathroom scale needs new battery, so no official weight).
I really do miss the muscle tone and having the strength to pull my own body weight up.

I breastfed ds1 exclusively and that alone was the best "diet" for me to loose the 20 lbs I wished I did not have even before my kids. Didn't really put it back on after, but hard to tell without a working bathroom scale...

My milk just came in today, so my appetite is ravenous! Unless I actually start doing something now, I fear that when ds2 gets weaned ill put on a ton of weight. I am lazy..

Never a bad time to start a routine! I have had the opposite effectvwith ebf'ing -- lack of appetite. Probably I'd lose more weight if I made better food choices when I did eat...also my mom's been staying with us and making dinner and she is not known for making low caloric meals...

I got my appointment for next Monday so hopefully I'll get the thumbs up for starting some exercise! I can't wait to go walking and maybe running again!

Pretty, how is that fasting going? My friend is doing that and she loves it! Says she does it at night since you’re asleep anyway. So she eats dinner at like 6am then has breakfast at work at 8am (so a 14 hour fast). She swears by it. I want to do it but it is so hard to give up my nightly wine and snack hahaha. I hate to throw out stuff, but I am good at not buying more.

I just ate super clean when I was pregnant. But tbh with A being as small as he was, I wouldn’t do that again. I would just eat normally and cave to cravings. I know his SGA was likely from being abused the whole pregnancy as there are links between IPV and SGA, but I also can’t help but feel like maybe my diet had something to do with it.

Gigs, I love it! Never heard of that! I’m really good at ignoring my guilt though lol. I have trained myself not to feel guilty about things hahaha. I’ll have to look into mommy and me stuff. He’s likely dancing more so I want to see if I can get him into some dancer workouts with me. He is so finicky though and his ASD makes it hard to put stuff on the tv that isn’t the same Baby Einstein video or chunk of Moana lol or the three episodes of Muppet Babies. I’m too scared to measure my arms. But I had to do my waist because it used to be my favorite part of my body :(

Fluek ditto I eat out of sadness and boredom, which is the majority of my day hahaha.

PL woot milk! I’ve heard it both ways with the appetite. Hoping it works in your favor long run.

AFM on Day Four of my protein powder and I love it. I haven’t needed a coffee. I feel just better. It’s weird. And it’s definitely helping with my appetite. Has a bit of a weird taste at first, but easy enough to get through. Now I just want to eat junk out of habit lol. So hopefully I get a handle on that. And water! I keep leaving my water bottles everywhere so I never drink my water lol. Also my mom's scale is different from mine by 5 lbs so now I don't know what to believe hahaha

Ha Dobs ds1 was/is the same way with loving repetitive tv stuff...it gets annoying but at least the interests change over time. Like now he love tornado hunters but he watches the same episodes over and over :roll:

If you love your night treat you could move your fasting hours later in the day...

Hey jumping on this band wagon!

I am 5'2
Pre-preg 125 lbs (5-10lbs over my comfortable weight)

Didn't think to weigh myself after Jesse Lynn was born but now at almost 8 wks pp I am 138lbs.

Would like to get back to 120 for sure. Weight loss plan is cutting out sugary foods except the odd treat once in a while and cutting carbs when possible. I am totally smitten with my coconut oil! It's what has always helped my weight loss. Once this harsh Canadian winter is over me and baby will be going for walks. I will be getting on my elliptical any chance I get.
Not sure if I missed anything

Hi Molly!

How do you use coconut oil?

Hmmmm interesting...although the study referenced is not very compelling. Something like 2.3cm lost on the waist of men only over 4 weeks. Still, sounds like there are other benefits...I am going to have to investigate this more!

Hahahahah oh well!

Getting my hair done right now; I enjoy the process of being pampered but forces you to stare at yourself in a mirror for entirely too long. I feel like my features are way too round! Also had to venture out in maternity jeans :roll: i was determined to wear normal people pants and not be out in sweat pants.

Can't wait to work out again!

Hahahahah oh well!

Getting my hair done right now; I enjoy the process of being pampered but forces you to stare at yourself in a mirror for entirely too long. I feel like my features are way too round! Also had to venture out in maternity jeans :roll: i was determined to wear normal people pants and not be out in sweat pants.

Can't wait to work out again!

Me too! I feel like the elliptical is calling my name.. Just waiting for her to get on a sort of sleep schedule

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->