A Name You LOVE But OH Hates

My OH hates noah and dexter, i love them! he also hates grace and isabella :( x

I love love love Jackson for a boy but my FH thinks it sounds more like a last name than a first name so he ruled that one out right away :( .... I think Maddox is a good name, too, but he doesn't like that, either. I'm still keeping Jackson as an option though - I'm hoping he'll come around!

For girls I like Arianna (are-ee-anna) but he's not a fan of that either. I think it's a gorgeous name and one I've NEVER heard before.

Me and my OH have finally agreed on names, dont know what the sex is yet so we've agreed on a girls and boys, though im not sure bout the double barrelled middle names, but theyre family names so theyre staying.

i originally wanted Joseph for a boy, but OH wanted Ethan, so we eventually agreed on Nathaniel (i like Nate) with the middle names Matthew and Robert.

Nathaniel Matthew Robert

i originally wanted Lilly for a girl, and have done for years, but OH didnt like it but had no opinion on a name, so i asked quite a few, Ava ( hitlers wife was called Ava so he didnt like it) Layla (He pointed out that her name would be Layla Taylor :haha: ) So we eventually agreed on Alice. (I suggested it spelt Alys, but he said no because he wants to be able to read her Alice in wonderland and use it to teach her to spell her name) then Gillian and Kayleigh as middle names.

Alice Gillian Kayleigh

I love love love Jackson for a boy but my FH thinks it sounds more like a last name than a first name so he ruled that one out right away :( .... I think Maddox is a good name, too, but he doesn't like that, either. I'm still keeping Jackson as an option though - I'm hoping he'll come around!

For girls I like Arianna (are-ee-anna) but he's not a fan of that either. I think it's a gorgeous name and one I've NEVER heard before.

My OH said the same thing about Jackson. I then suggested spelling it different like JAXON. OH LOVED it then. Suggest the alternate spellings of Jackson he may like them then!

My OH said the same thing about Jackson. I then suggested spelling it different like JAXON. OH LOVED it then. Suggest the alternate spellings of Jackson he may like them then!

Ooooh! That's a good idea - thank you! I'll try that!

my oh hated most names i love.
he hated zane but i got my way lol
he also hated the following
Elijah
Louie
Harry
Kiefer
there was more but i cant remember them, we both agreed on a girls name pretty quickly

Livi and Liv. :cloud9: He thinks they both sound like nicknames...and he's right, they're derived from the name Olivia but who says you can't be innovative? :shrug:

Livi and Liv. :cloud9: He thinks they both sound like nicknames...and he's right, they're derived from the name Olivia but who says you can't be innovative? :shrug:

i love the name liv or livi and my oh hated it too

I love Eicca or Sirius for a boy but my OH reallly doesn't like it! Even though they are awesome ;)

I love Darcy - he hates it
He loves Demi - i hate it!!

this carries on through the alpahabet for both sexes!!!!

The only two he's really stomped on have been Vytautas and Kazimiera.
Which I understand really. I go by Rhian as I was fed up of people spelling/pronouncing my name incorrectly, can only imagine they'd do the same.

I want matildia, tilly for short OH hates it! :-(

I'm sure a lot of you out there have a name you love but your OH hates.
Share your names! And maybe why he hates them?

Mines Noah :cloud9: I LOVE! it but OH hates it :(

That's so weird, because as i saw this thread I was thinking this name - I ADORE it, OH hates it :(

I love the name Ursula for our little girl, it's my number 1, but my other half has totally ruled it out. She says it sounds like a butch German lesbian.
Not butch but German , and old , preferably nicknamed Uschi :rofl:

Me and my OH have finally agreed on names, dont know what the sex is yet so we've agreed on a girls and boys, though im not sure bout the double barrelled middle names, but theyre family names so theyre staying.

i originally wanted Joseph for a boy, but OH wanted Ethan, so we eventually agreed on Nathaniel (i like Nate) with the middle names Matthew and Robert.

Nathaniel Matthew Robert

i originally wanted Lilly for a girl, and have done for years, but OH didnt like it but had no opinion on a name, so i asked quite a few, Ava ( hitlers wife was called Ava so he didnt like it) Layla (He pointed out that her name would be Layla Taylor :haha: ) So we eventually agreed on Alice. (I suggested it spelt Alys, but he said no because he wants to be able to read her Alice in wonderland and use it to teach her to spell her name) then Gillian and Kayleigh as middle names.

Alice Gillian Kayleigh
Hitler's "wife" was called Eva lol and it is about the most biblical name you could get...

I have always loved: Trinity & Mariah... and... Brandon

OH hates them... said absolutely not, long ago....

Elsie is my number one favourite girls name but my OH hates it, he says it sounds like an old woman's name. We are having a boy though so I don't need to persuade him just yet. He has come up with some awful names for this baby though. I mean, Plissken? Is he serious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->