A new mums gift box

Jkelmum

Reaction score
Can you answer me the following questions :winkwink:

I am trying to find out if there is a market for these and also how much roughly people would pay to buy one for a new mum

These gift boxes will be available as a box full of individual gift wrapped presents for a new mum to open when she is having a down day to cheer her up , my mum did one for me and it took me months to open all my presents and always brought a smile to my face

In the box there was
  1. cd
  2. chocolate bar
  3. bubble bath
  4. bath bomb
  5. girly dvd
  6. books
  7. Candles
  8. slippers
  9. packet of sweets

There was a few of some items

now my questions

1. would you by one of these for a new mum ?
  2. what gift would u like to see in the box as a new mum ?
  3. how many gifts would you want in a box ?
  4. how much would you be happy to pay including postage ?
  5. My mum calls this a blue box due to it being meant to be opened and a lucky dip to cheer you up when the baby blues get you down ...do u like this name ? if not do u have any suggestions ?

i would, a friend and a realtive bought me gifts when i gave birth and thought it was wonderful.
so yes i would buy one for a friend.
I like the ideas you posted, sweets, dvd, bubble bath etc!
i think it would be nice to have a few things in the box, like 4 or more to make it extra special.
cost would depend on what was in it, i guess if i were thinking of buying one for a friend i would want it to be £20 - £25, more if they were a relative or close friend
i like the name
good luck

The one my mum made me had about 20 inexpensive gifts but each and everyone would cheer me up when feeling blue hence the name :) x

i think it is a lovely idea and a great name for it

yep i would spnd £20-25

sounds great
xx

yeah love the idea id spend around £25 maybe more depending on how many items

love the idea.

also a voucher or an I O U from the gift bearer.As in 1 hr baby sitting so mum can go soak in bath etc or go out to get pampered? tie it in with the gifts in the box x

maybe you could price it as in £19..99 simple £24.99 medium with dvd £29.99 luxury with wine.

As an example that is!

would you by one of these for a new mum ?
yeah, they sound like a really good idea. i've seen ones in shops that are full of things that I probably wouldn't use, but the types of things you've mentioned are what i'd love to be given
what gift would u like to see in the box as a new mum ?
the girly DVD, slippers & chocolate/sweeties definitely :) things that I can just sit down & relax with
how many gifts would you want in a box ?
maybe 8-10 things
how much would you be happy to pay including postage ?
as some of the other ladies have suggested, a small, medium, large selection would be a good idea, and i'd probably pay between £20-£30 depending on the contents
My mum calls this a blue box due to it being meant to be opened and a lucky dip to cheer you up when the baby blues get you down ...do u like this name ? if not do u have any suggestions ?
the name is a good idea, and I can see why you've chosen it, but it might be worth adding something else to it so that people can relate to what it is just from the name, such as "pick-me-up" or something along those lines :)

love the idea.

also a voucher or an I O U from the gift bearer.As in 1 hr baby sitting so mum can go soak in bath etc or go out to get pampered? tie it in with the gifts in the box x

maybe you could price it as in £19..99 simple £24.99 medium with dvd £29.99 luxury with wine.

As an example that is!

I like the idea, and I would buy one for a friend/relative..... I think the above pricing idea is a good one too..... :thumbup:

Good luck! xxxxx

p.s. I'd be happy to give one a test run!! :haha: xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"