A Newbie!

MrsG-L

TTC baby #3
Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

After a little while of just dipping in and browsing I have finally become brave enough to post :flower:

I am 35, married and have 2 DD (aged 14 & almost 10) from a previous relationship.

I had my coil removed in late Dec 09 and decided to TTC and so far nothing had been sucessful :growlmad: I am hoping that my body needed a few months to re adjust (periods were horrific first couple of months and 40+ day cycles) and hopefully soon we will be pregnant. Not sure how long to leave things before heading to the doctors but I am in the 'obese' category so I feel he will just blame my weight for not falling already (he blames my weight on everything else!!)

I feel there is so much more to learn about these days then when I fell pregnant with my daughters so if anyone has any tips or advise I would really appreciate it.

I cant wait to get to know and support you all xx

:hi:

Just wanted to say welcome and hope you get your BFP soon x

Hi Mrs G-L - just wanted to tell you that I was in the same boat about going to the doctor's - he's even brought up my weight when I've been in for an eye infection before! So I went to see him about a month ago & started off with 'look I know I'm fat but that doesn't stop me being desperate for a baby, so can we just put that to one side & see what we can do?' And he's been great - he said he'd do everything in his power to get me pregnant (although that sounds a bit dodgy now I've typed it!) & he sent me for blood tests straight away & has even said if we have any trouble with DH's GP to let him know & he'll sort it for us! So I'd say bite the bullet & get on it! xxxxx

:hi: and welcome

Im 39 Dh is 41

I fall in the obese circle :thumbup:. For soooooo many years I was so scared to get help beacuse of my age and weight.

I started to get fertility help in Jan of this year. Doctors did not say one thing about my weight (im shocked). Now I wished ive done this sooner.

Good Luck hun :flower:, You'll be okay :thumbup:

Hi Mrs G-L

I would say (with the benefit of hindsight) not to leave things too long before seeking help. I am obese too (and 42) and although the GP did mention it, she was happy to do tests and refer me etc. She did check on the website and it did say that both partners need to have a BMI under 30 to quailify for IUI/IVF, and she was going to ring the fertility clinic for me to see if that also applied to testing (we are too old to get IUI/IVF on the NHS) but we just want to know what is going on (in 7 years we got a first BFP in February but had a MMC). Ironically I have had a stressfull year or two and had put on a lot of weight - before that I had spent the last 5 years at the right weight and doing lots of exercise but didn't get pregnant then!

I know that losing weight is a good thing, especially if we do go for private IVF in the end, but as soon as I start feeling under pressure to lose I tend to put weight on! I am probably the only woman who put weight ON for her wedding!!!

Over 35 they say you should get investigated after 6 months of trying, so bite the bullet if that's what you want.

Sorry - bit of a rambling post!

Thank you so much for the reassurance ladies.

We are in 'super rabbit week' so if we are not lucky to fall pregnant this month I might bite the bullet and go.

I do know that my doctor will bring it up but I will be crestfallen if he just dismisses us because of it

I'll keep you posted x

Don't just take it lying down if he does! If you're not comfortable being as stroppy as I was (although I also cried in his office!) see if there is another dr in the practice that you can see. However I've been reassured by how understanding people have said their doctors have been!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"