A piece of advice

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Red sox gal, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Red sox gal

Red sox gal Well-Known Member

So as I was deep in thought, weaving my way through the emotions associated with ltttc I asked myself one question.

If I could travel back to the start of our TTC journey, what piece of advice would I give to myself to help us through this journey?

Knowing what I know now, I would have told myself to be patient and love myself. The journey will be long, it will test every aspect of who you are. It will test the strength of friendships and family relationships. Those who can't respect your emotions during hard times are not worthy of your time during happier times...

Anyone else care to add

2. readyformore

readyformore Well-Known Member

This time around? I would have told myself not to start ttc. I would have said that 3 is enough. Now, I'm too far in, I have too much emotionally invested, and the desire has only grown to unbearable proportions.

The first time I was lttc? I probably would have told myself to be more optimistic and trust my body, even though I didn't want to do either then, and don't want to now.

3. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

Oh yes, be patient and most importantly don't take it all out on family :cry:

Ive calmed down a lot in the last 6-9 months but at the beginning I was angry at the whole world!

At the end of the day I still have to live my life because if one day Im lucky and get pg and have a baby it would be horrible to think that I crossed out 1-2-5 years of my life because of constant worrying and being sad/angry/jealous.
    Every year, no, every moment is precious so now I treasure that and make sure I make the most of life! However, Im still hopeful that one day that miracle will happen!

4. caerdydd

caerdydd New Member

I would say that it is important to keep talking to each other, sometimes it can be easy to forget that there are two of you both feeling upset. Don't blame yourself - or each other.
    :hugs:

5. lupinerainbow

lupinerainbow Pregnant #1 after 9+ years LTTTC

i would say you don't need to give up your life to the ttc process, you need to carry on as if you weren't ttc at all and not let it consume your every moment. Be happy for other peoples pregnancies and enjoy their children. Do not let jealousy overrule your rational emotions and i would advise myself not to put off going to see the doctor :thumbup: i would advise myself not to get so obsessed over pregnancy symptoms that aren't there, avoid google at all costs and just live life to the full! Every day is special and enjoy it a baby will be a great edition but don't let the fact you don't have one ruin enjoyable times :D Try to stay optimistic through everything and tell yourself that one day it will happen :) I would remind myself everyday that no matter how much we want a baby together our relationship we have together should not be overlooked and have more cycles of relaxing and having fun with the process than stressing over every little thing and to remember we need a healthy sex life as well as ttc and everytime we dtd it doesn't have to consist of special lubes, softcups, be in the right position and have me lying with my legs in the air after :blush:.

xxxxx