A possible pointless post

LJaydow

Jack, Elizabeth
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Just a few wee questions! I have only had one injection of Depo Provera, and am now wanting to Try to Conceive. I am having absolutely horrendous side effects from it such as weight gain, terrible depression and mood swings, bad spots, always tired to the point where i am sleeping during the day and night, joints are aching and i had slight bleeding but then it stopped and didnt come back.

It feels like my period is just around the corner but nothing actually happens - all the symptoms are there.

I have made an appointment with the doctor, but just wondered now if it is really worth it. I have PCOS, and wasnt warned (As most arent) about this contraceptive, and now this lack of period is making me worry. I know there is nothing i can do to take the hormone out of my body, but is there anything i can do to speed up its exit, and actually bring on ovulation again?
I read something about going back on the pill will induce ovulation, and also taking nothisterone will kick-start it back into action. Obviously i dont want to take anything without being told it is safe to do so...

What do you ladies think? I didnt think i would ever say this, but i am so desperate for a period

maybe your doctor will give your provera to jump start your period. but he will only do this if it has been more than three months since your last shot. mine would always come right after the three month mark was up. but after that i got pregnant rather quickly, right at 2 months later. good luck.

Agnus Castus may help regulate your natural hormones and get your cycle back on track a bit quicker......google it - there's plenty of info on it on the net.

Good luck hope you get your AF soon so you can ttc!

if you do decide to go on the pill to try and regulate yourself i would do it immediatley when depo 'runs out'. not like me who came of it, ummed and aahed for a month or so then asked the nurse if i should go on the pill and she advised me not to because it would be messin with my system/body

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->