A question about LP...

LilacPetal

TTC #3
Reaction score
Good morning everyone! I have been snooping around here for little while and finally decided to join today :)

A little intro:
I just got married this past July, my husband has a 5yo who lives with us full time, I have been BBT and CM charting since April 2014, we have been TTC since about July, today I am CD 1 and this will be our 3rd cycle TTC. I am also finishing my last semester of nursing school and will be graduating in December.

I have been reading up and checking out my symptoms lately and am beginning to wonder if I am having a problem in the luteal phase area. My cycles have ranged from 21-26 days in the past year but usually are right at 24 days. Since I started charting I have calculated the following LP lengths starting with the first and ending with my last cycle: 8 days, 10 days, 8 days, 10 days, 9 days, 8 days, 11 days. They seem rather on the short side to me and my symptoms indicate high estrogen and low progesterone ("estrogen dominance"). This last cycle - 24 days with 11 day LP - I was able to remember to take my vitamins every day of the cycle and am wondering if that actually made an improvement. My temps were also 0.2-0.3 degrees higher during peak than the couple cycles before.

I suppose my question is: should my LP length really be varied 8-11 days over my last 7 cycles or is this abnormal?

Thanks much everyone! :)

I'm no expert:) but I have read that there may be problems conceiving with a lp less than 10 days as obviously the uterine wall starts to break down before the egg can implant, vitamin b6 is supposed to lengthen lp I keep meaning to get some, I take a prenatal but I think it has to be a higher dose than that, I worry as I start spotting some cycles 2/3 days before AF although my lp is usually 11/12 days, I wish you lots of luck xxxx

I'm no expert:) but I have read that there may be problems conceiving with a lp less than 10 days as obviously the uterine wall starts to break down before the egg can implant, vitamin b6 is supposed to lengthen lp I keep meaning to get some, I take a prenatal but I think it has to be a higher dose than that, I worry as I start spotting some cycles 2/3 days before AF although my lp is usually 11/12 days, I wish you lots of luck xxxx

Hello Oasis717! I have also recently been reading the same info about LP <10 days. The prenatal I've been taking has some B6 in it but I just started on a new one that has a lot more so I am hoping this will help. Thank you so much!! :)

That's OK hunni you can get it separately too I wish you lots of luck, let me know if it works! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->