a question about supply.

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
I am rea struggling with night feeds at the moment due to pain from poor latch due to tongue tie. It's easier/less painful to feed in the day time and I'd like to swap to formula at night.

My ds is only 10days old so I feel swapping now would cause a problem with my supply. I can't bear the thought of feeding her and expressing in the middle of the night yet as she takes ages to feed and its excruciating etc.

When will my supply be established enough to swap to formula night times only? this makes me feel awful because I want to nurse her all the time and if I go to combi feeding I'd rather ff in the day ao we can be more flexible with my toddler etc.

Night time feeding is pretty important to keep your supply at all times really, I would say a couple of months along the line it might be okay but anything earlier is likely to be very detrimental to your supply.

Are you getting the tongue tie clipped?

I plan to get it clipped as we can't struggle on as we are longer term. But today one midwife said they may not be able to clip it!!!

can you use nipple shield? their latch gets better as they get older, so things might improve on it's own in a few weeks. air your nipples after each feed, that really helped with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->