A question for dog owners...

rlbb1

Reaction score
I’m struggling with my responsibilities as a dog owner recently. I’m just not finding, or should I say making, the time to walk our Staffordshire Bull Terrior.

I work 9-3 everyday between school runs. I can find time for a late afternoon/evening walk most days, it’s the morning walk I struggle with. How do you fit in daily and consistent dog walks whilst juggling school runs, work, household chores etc?

In spring/summer I get up early and walk the dogs at 6am. Hubby sets off for work at 7, so I have an hour before I have to get back to see to the girls. I don't tend to do that in Winter, as it's so dark, but I guess if I had to I would.

There's quite a few people at dd's school that take the dogs on the school run with them and just leave them tied up outside.

Mine often only get one walk a day this time of year, however it's a long walk and they're older dogs.

I pay a dog walker or my dog goes to daycare in the week when we are both working. We knew it would be hard to fit in enough adequate walks during the week so budgeted for it before we got the dog. Daycare is quite expensive but dog walkers here are relatively cheap.

We've got a staffie and an old Tyme bulldog and they get one long walk a day, there's no way we could fit in two walks a day! We're lucky though as we live near an open space so they both run around like loons and wear themselves out for the day :thumbup:

xx

Do you have a yard where you could throw a ball or something before the morning school run? We have a lot of land so I sometimes stand outside and drink my morning coffee while throwing a ball/toy for the dog. Also, if you dog is getting a long afternoon/evening walk then I wouldn't worry too much about the morning walk especially in the winter when it's cold. Just make sure the afternoon/evening walk is long and tiring and that should suffice. Or you could hire a dog walker even one or two mornings a week.

We have 2 shar pei DH takes them for a quick morning walk to do their business and then we have a dog walker who comes takes them for nice long walk midday and then they go out for a quick business walk in the evening (they do not go to toilet in our garden)

I don't have a dog now but I used to get up early and take my boy out, I had to get up at 6:30 which felt like torture to my lazy teenage self :haha: but actually it set me up well for the day. And then a walk early evening.

I don't have a dog now but I used to get up early and take my boy out, I had to get up at 6:30 which felt like torture to my lazy teenage self :haha: but actually it set me up well for the day. And then a walk early evening.

I love my 6 am walk! It's often the nicest part of the day, it's quiet and I get at least an hour to myself before the girls wake up. I come back feeling refreshed and it definitely sets me up for the day better!

Milo gets a quick round the block by the OH of a morning and then dependent on if he asks I'll take him during the day we go out for about half an hour and then it depends on what time my OH finishes work we will either go for a good long walk in the evening or do another 30 min walk. That's good days bad days he is happy with one good walk as he runs around the garden like a loony toon he has a busted old tyre he plays with that is massive compared to him so he gets a good work out there he's just happy to get outside when ever he gets to really

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->