A Reason For Charting Temps

Tishimouse

Fairy Godmother - really!
Reaction score
I've been thinking today about how long we have been TTC and some would say since last December (2007) when I started to chart, temp and use a CBFM (we tried in November but I didn't log anything down).

I can't speak highly enough of charting as it is really useful not only for teaching us how to read our signs and symptoms but it can also give encouragement in a very unexpected way.

Having looked through all of my previous charts on FF, I have noticed that only 6 out of 10 indicate that BD'g was ideally timed. For this reason, I could consider our TTC efforts as being over just 6 months instead of 10. Now that's got to make a girl feel better. Of course it could be frustrating too thinking about lost time, but on average it's meant to take 6 - 12 months to conceive.

exactely !! i think chartings fab and truley belive in it :)
good luck hun FX u get ur bfp asap :)

could not agree with you more - charting has really taught me so much about my body. Good luck with well timed BDing!! x

Thats how my husband sees it too hun, although I'm a little more cynical.
I stopped taking bcps at the beginning of May, June-it didn't happen for various reasons, illness etc, so If you count May which is the first month off of bcps, its only been 4 months, this being our 5th (Af due in a week-Please God no!!) but i didn't start temping til September so we might bd at completely the wrong times for all we know. Makes us feel a little better I suppose!!! xxx

That's cheered me up actually, been ttc since Dec 2007 too xx

That is such a fab way to think about it. It's so easy to get hung up on the number of months you've been trying, but if you actually only consider the months where there was a real scientific chance of conceiving then you do come to realise that you haven't had as many unsucessful attempts as you first thought xx

but i have to said on the same time charting make you think about ttc every single morning (it has for me ) it's hard to relax...

just a question on charting then - what have you done with the time change?

My temp was really high this morning cause I took it an hour later (new time) and the chart told me I ovulated on CD8? I'm now on CD11 and still dont have any EWCM... Very strange, I dont feel I ovulated though... what do you think? (my chart is in signature)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->